BBC Sports Personality of the Year

Great sporting city!!

The biggest trophy in sport!:smiley:

Andy Murray hasnt bothered showing up. This is disappointing to hear.

Much as I’d love to see Team Sky win it, the Team award must go to my beloved British Loins.

2013 hasnt been a vintage year for the main award. 2012 was never going to be topped.

Howcome Mcilpube didn’t make the short list?

Ohurugu has gotten a nomination, FFS.

Just an impossible decision to make.

A proud British man, Rory Besht :clap:

Leigh Halfpenny is a cocky cunt isnt he?

Fergie. :clap:

Keep calm shan…

2013 certainly has been vintage, but as you say, it was always going to be impossible to top 2012.

But British sportsmen and women have done a fine job trying to do just that. A Wimbledon winner, a Tour de France winner, the first British winner of the US Open golf championship since 1970.

When you compare it to the poor standard of the 1990s, these really are halcyon days for British sport.

I must say I’m surprised that your beloved SAF hasn’t been nominated. I think young Gareth Bale would have been a worthy nominee, too.

Murray has to be a shoe in for this.

Confidence is what separates the winners from the losers in this life. Much like the great Sir Anthony O’Reilly, Leigh Halfpenny is a winner.

They really could have spent a few quid on the set.

Eh, did you see it @Sidney?

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 874667, member: 180”]Ohurugu has gotten a nomination, FFS.
[/quote]
Shameless pandering to the PC brigade by including not just a black, not just a woman, but a black woman.

Political correctness has gone mad and I’ll be writing a strongly worded letter to the Daily Telegraph about this.

:smiley:

[quote=“Sidney, post: 874676, member: 183”]
I must say I’m surprised that your beloved SAF hasn’t been nominated. I think young Gareth Bale would have been a worthy nominee, too.[/quote]

Yeah Bale omitted when he was the worlds most expensive footballer was a strange one especially with who got the nod this year.

No.

Yea, I was being quite sarcastic, the chap is modesty personified. He was mortified being up on the stage.