BDO Daily Mirror World Trophy

94 average from the Boss there by the way. That’s world class.

http://imageshack.com/a/img36/5317/33ez.jpg

Tiebreak leg between Harms and van Eijden. Remco starts with a 180.

Remco takes his fifth straight leg to win 6-5!

Another big name is out.

Total dartsh in thish all-Dutch clash.

Reports reaching me that Wolfie missed double 12 for a 9-darter a little while ago.

But he brushed off that disappointment to gain revenge for his World Championship defeat to Jan Dekker, with a 7-4 win over the Dutchman.

Also Gary Robson hit a 98 average and was 64% on doubles in his 7-0 win over New York’s Jim Widmayer.

Delighted to see Scotty Dog reach the quarter finals. A great character on the darts scene.

James Wilson won a thriller against Rick Hofstra on a 7-6 scoreline.

The Q/F line up is as follows:

Norris v Robson
Adams v Montgomery
Mitchell v Jennings
de Graaf v Wilson

Thrilling semi-final at its business end now. Big Robbo leading the Boss 9-8 in a race to 11.

10-9 Robbo.

Big Robbo misses a great chance to break and we have a decider!

Ross is the Boss!

On 201 with Robbo on 78, the Scotland captain hit 177 to leave 24.

Robbo couldn’t finish 78 and the Dutch Open champion nailed double 12 to book his place in another major final.

Monty and the Jammie Dodger facing off now for the big prize.

1-1 so far in a race to 13.

Congratulations to Anastasia Dobromyslova who became our first ever Ladies World Trophy winner with a 9-7 win over World Champion Lisa Ashton, in what was a splendid final.

[quote=“Sidney, post: 901041, member: 183”]Monty and the Jammie Dodger facing off now for the big prize.

1-1 so far in a race to 13.

Congratulations to Anastasia Dobromyslova who became our first ever Ladies World Trophy winner with a 9-7 win over World Champion Lisa Ashton, in what was a splendid final.[/quote]

Felt a bit sorry for Jenno in the semi-final earlier. The Jammie Dodger was absolutely on fire and didn’t give him a sniff.

I mightn’t agree with Ross Montgomery’s choice of football team, but I wholeheartedly agree with his attitude to what darts is and should be - Ross is a firm and vocal advocate of how the BDO system encompasses the stars and grass roots players under the one umbrella.

People have regularly doubted Ross’s pedigree as a top player, but he’s showed over the past five months that he belongs in the very top echelon of the game - a World Cup winning captain, Dutch Open champion, and now a finalist in this historic first ever BDO Daily Mirror World Trophy.

I agree @Sidney. I completely respect The Boss warts and all.

We’re back on throw. Jammie Dodger leads 7-6 but Ross has won 3 of the last 4 legs.

Wilson breaks. 9-7!

The Boss breaks back.

The players really look shattered after a long day of darts.

9-9 in this race to 13.

This is going live all across the continent on Eurosport.

Great for the sport and the BDO.