BDO Darts Tournaments + News

Obviously the World Professional Championships (or World Pro as I call it) gets its own dedicated thread every year but I thought it would be worthwhile having an ongoing thread where we can preview, discuss, debate and review all other BDO tournaments and general happenings throughout the year. The fact that the BDO Darts social group has become so popular already suggests thereā€™s a keen interest in the game from the grasroots right up to professional level.

Iā€™m already immensely looking forward to the Six Nations Cup, which is being held here in Ireland in late February, but thereā€™s plenty of darts to be thrown between now and then and the Dutch Open should be an absolute belter. I actually canā€™t wait to see the unveiling of the 2010 national team squads - I imagine Martin Adams will retain the England captaincy and rightfully so.

So loads to look forward to but thereā€™s also sad news to report with the passing of Della Fleetwood, Treasurer, World Darts Federation:

http://www.bdodarts.com/index.html

Any details on that Six Nations Tournament here in the Emerald Isle? I couldnā€™t find much in a cursory glance at the site, awash as it is with grassroots content and anti-doping info.

It could call for an official TFK BDO Darts Social Group weekend away:

[b]Six Nations

26th-27th-28th February 2010

Southern International Hotel, Sligo, Ireland.[/b]

For the first time in the events history the 2010 event will see the inclusion of a separate Ladies Six Nations Championship.

The ladies will play their group games on Friday 26th and there will be three ladies in each team, playing the same format as the established Mens event.

The men will start their group games on Saturday 27th and as usual the teams consist of five players.

On Sunday 28th the semi finals and finals of both Championships will be played.

Weā€™ll be looking to improve on our wooden spoon performance last year, while England are defending the menā€™s title. Unsurprisingly, Martin Adams won the ā€˜Man of the Tournamentā€™ last year.

Tough to read back on Fleetyā€™s pre Lakeside thoughts. Tough to read.

ā€œFLEETYā€ OFF TO LAKESIDE

Itā€™s Official. Anthony Fleet, the big man from Canberra and new World Cup Pairs Champion is heading back to the UK just after Christmas to participate in the biggest darts tournament in the world - Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships.

Fleety new that he would be pretty close to qualifying to play at Lakeside after the final points from the last event played were added to the BDO Invitation Points Tables over the weekend. A few well informed people at the World Cup recently advised him to keep his suitcase packed in case he qualified and they were right.

ā€œI basically found out early this morning as I went in and had a look this morning at the latest BDO Invitation Tables on the Internetā€ said Fleet.

ā€œWhen I saw I was inside the top 32 players I felt extremely happy and really proud that I will be following in the steps of other great Australian darts players to play at Lakeside like Tony David, Russell Stewart and Simon Whitlock.ā€

ā€œThis means a great deal to me. It has been a long journey and hopefully if I do well, it will open up a few more doors for me. Itā€™s a fantastic opportunity for me that hopefully will enable me to realistically increase my chances at gaining some sponsorship that will assist me in advancing my game even further. I know one thing; I will be working my backside off on the practice board leading up to Lakeside. I donā€™t want to be made to look like a fool on that stage.ā€

ā€œFirst things first though. Heading off to Geelong Friday for the Australian Masters Weekend.ā€

Thousands of players from over thirty countries around the globe have competed to reach the BBC televised stages of the 2010 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships. The 33rd BDO World Professional Darts Championships (1978-2010) maintain their proud history and tradition with a 2010 Lakeside line-up that includes World Champions, top ranked BDO and WDF players (men and women) and eleven players who will be making their debuts on the most famous stage in World Darts.

Excellent idea for a thread, Bandage.:clap:

I know last week will have seriously whetted the appetite of forum members for more darts of the highest level, so hereā€™s this yearā€™s calendar of events. Hopefully some of us will be able to make it to one or two of these events over the course of the year.

JANUARY 2010
02 - 10 M LAKESIDE WORLD PROFESSIONAL Frimley Green, England
16 - 17 BDO Inter-Counties UK
15 - 17 3 QUEBEC OPEN Info St Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada
23 - 24 2 GERMAN GOLD CUP Info Entry Bremen, Germany
29 - 31 3 LAS VEGAS OPEN Info Las Vegas, USA
FEBRUARY 2010
04 - 07 1 DUTCH OPEN Info Veldhoven, Netherlands
07 3 WEST COAST CLASSIC Perth, Australia
12 - 14 3 DART-MP.COM OPEN Info Gorzow, Poland
13 - 14 BDO Inter-Counties UK
20 - 21 1 SCOTTISH OPEN Renfrew, Scotland
27 3 FINNISH OPEN Info Helsinki, Finland
28 3 VANTAA SUNDAY SINGLES Helsinki, Finland
27 - 28 Six Nations Cup Rep. Ireland
MARCH 2010
05 - 07 HALIFAX OPEN Info Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
06 - 07 BDO Inter-Counties UK
12 - 14 2 ISLE OF MAN OPEN Villa Marina, Isle of Man
13 - 14 3 GREATER VANCOUVER OPEN Info Surrey, BC, Canada
TBA 3 BRAZIL OPEN Brazil
14 - 19 Torremolinos Open Torremolinos, Spain
20 - 21 2 MARIFLEX OPEN Roosendaal, The Netherlands
21 Welsh Classic Rhyl
TBA 3 GIBRALTAR OPEN Gibraltar
28 2 VIRGINIA BEACH DART CLASSIC Virginia Beach, VA. USA
APRIL 2010
02 - 04 2 ANTWERP OPEN Belgium
02 - 04 3 PHILIPPINES MASTERS Baguio City, Philippines
09 - 11 Spring Cup Hungary
09 - 11 3 DART-MP.COM CLASSIC Rogozno, Poland
10 - 11 British Internationals Scotland
10 - 11 3 GREEK OPEN Athens, Greece
17 - 19 3 CHARLOTTE OPEN Charlotte, NC. USA
17 - 18 1 GERMAN OPEN Bochum, Germany
17 - 18 3 CYPRUS INTERNATIONAL OPEN Nicosia, Cyprus
24 - 25 BDO Inter-Counties UK
24 - 25 3 TURKISH MASTERS Ankara
25 3 NORTH ISLAND MASTERS Hastings, New Zealand
MAY 2010
07 - 09 3 HUNGARIAN OPEN Budapest, Hungary
08 - 09 BDO Inter-Counties UK
15 - 16 2 DORTMUND OPEN Dortmund, Germany
15 - 16 Welsh Open Prestatyn, Wales
19 - 23 Nordic Invitational Vejle, Denmark
19 - 23 MED - CUP Xl Gibraltar
21 - 23 3 KAUNAS OPEN Kaunas, Lithuania
29 - 30 3 HELLINIKON DARTS OPEN Hellinikon, Greece
JUNE 2010
04 - 06 3 SWISS OPEN Lausen, Switzerland
6 3 CANTERBURY OPEN Christchurch, New Zealand
12 - 13 2 BDO INTERNATIONAL OPEN Brean Sands, England
12 - 13 3 HOUSTON OPEN Houston, TX. USA
12 - 13 3 VIENNA OPEN Vienna, Austria
18 - 20 2 CANADIAN OPEN Gander, Newfoundland, Canada
18 - 20 3 PHILIPPINES NATIONAL OPEN Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
TBA 3 GREEK INTERNATIONAL OPEN Greece
20 2 NEW ZEALAND MASTERS Palmerston North, New Zealand
25 - 27 2 ENGLAND OPEN Selsey, England
26 - 27 3 CENTRAL COASTS AUS. CLASSIC Gosford, Australia
JULY 2010
03 - 04 3 AUSTRALIAN GRAND MASTERS Canberra, Australia
03 - 04 Anglo-Celtic Cup Wales
02 - 04 3 POLISH OPEN Poznan, Poland
09 - 11 2 WDF AMERICAS CUP Jamaica
24 - 25 2 PACIFIC MASTERS Gosford, Australia
24 2 BDO BRITISH CLASSIC Kettering, England
AUGUST 2010
04 2 NEW ZEALAND OPEN Nelson, New Zealand
06 - 08 2 BELGIUM OPEN Ranst, Belgium
06 - 08 3 USA DARTS CLASSIC Stamford, CT, USA
TBA 2 MALAYSIAN OPEN TBA
13 - 15 3 SWEDISH OPEN Stockholm
15 BRITISH MASTERS Manchester, England
20 - 22 2 DIDAM OPEN Didam, Netherlands
TBA 3 SINGAPORE OPEN Singapore
28 - 29 3 DENMARK OPEN Copenhagen, Denmark
27 - 29 3 MALAYSIAN OPEN TBA
SEPTEMBER 2010
03 - 04 3 CARINTHIAN OPEN Klagenfurt, Austria
03 - 05 3 RUSSIAN OPEN Moscow
5 Welsh Masters Rhyl
10 - 12 3 PHILIPPINES CUP Cebu City, Philippines
11 - 12 BDO Inter-Counties UK
17 - 19 1 BDO BRITISH OPEN Bridlington, England
17 - 19 3 BALTIC CUP OPEN Trakai, Lithuania
24 -26 2 ENGLAND CLASSIC Selsey, England
TBA 2 THIALF OPEN Netherlands
OCTOBER 2010
2 - 3 FRENCH OPEN Gerardmer, France
08 - 10 3 KLONDIKE OPEN Edmonton, Canada
11 - 12 BDO Inter-Counties UK
10 3 COLORADO OPEN Colorado, CO. USA
14 3 TED CLEMENTS/LEVIN OPEN Levin, New Zealand
17 3 AUSTRALIAN GEELONG MASTERS (M) Geeling, Australia
17 3 RENE STEVENS MEMORIAL SINGLES (W) Geelong, Australia
13 - 16 2 WDF EUROPE CUP Antalya, Turkey
18 - 24 3 TURKISH OPEN Antalya, Turkey
23 3 ALAN KING MEMORIAL Dunedin, New Zealand
24 3 BOB JONES MEMORIAL Trenton, Ontario, Canada
24 3 SUNSHINE STATE CLASSIC Brisbane, Australia
22 - 24 2 TOPS OF HOLLAND Netherlands
31 BDO Inter-Counties UK
NOVEMBER 2010
01 BDO Inter-Counties UK
03 - 06 M WDF ASIA PACIFIC CUP Tokyo, Japan
07 2 JAPAN OPEN Tokyo, Japan
05 - 07 2 CZECH OPEN Prague, Czech Republic
05 - 06 2 NORTHERN IRELAND OPEN Newry, Northern Ireland
12 - 14 2 FLANDERS OPEN Aalst, Belgium
12 - 14 3 LATVIA OPEN Riga, Latvia
TBA 3 HONG KONG OPEN Hong Kong
19 - 21 3 LITHUANIA OPEN Vilnius, Lithuania
19 - 21 2 ENGLAND MASTERS Stockport, England
TBA 3 KOREAN OPEN Korea
TBA 3 MALTA OPEN Malta
26 - 28 2 CENTRE PARCS MASTERS Lommel, Belgium
28 3 ITALIAN GRAND MASTERS Pieve de Cento, Italy
DECEMBER 2010
TBA 3 ESTONIA OPEN Tallinn, Estonia
03 - 05 2 PHILIPPINES OPEN Manilla, Philippines
04 - 05 BDO Inter-Counties UK
10 - 12 M ZUIDERDUIN MASTERS Egmond aan Zee, Netherlands

Whoā€™s the current captain of Scotland?

Mike Veitch.

Hereā€™s the Sunday Tribune piece on Jack McKenna

Darts - Bullseye for Jack the lad

Being Irelandā€™s finest thrower allowed Jack McKenna to witness close up the boozy, bizarre, brilliant and best days of darts

Ewan MacKenna

Darting through the snow: through the 1970s and '80s Jack McKenna saw Cliff Lazerenko in tears, Charlie Byrne literally bring down the stage, Jocky Wilson sink pints of Bacardi and bouncers knocked out cold, and that was only for starters

Grab a chair, sit back and relax. Jack McKenna has a head packed full of stories you could lose yourself in. No problem if you donā€™t remember him, he doesnā€™t expect you to. That may have been him dominating Irish darts for a lifetime, in a World Cup final in 1989 and beside Paul Lim a year later for the first nine-dart finish at the World Championships, but he was never in it for the recognition. Instead, heā€™s content in the knowledge that he shared a stage with the greats and had the best seat in the house for the wildest show in town across the '70s and '80s.

In his home in Newbridge, the 66-year-old has a small plaque hanging on the sitting room wall, proclaiming him to be Irelandā€™s player of the century. No mean feat when you consider some of the others that were around. Like Tommy Oā€™Regan, the Limerick man who captained England and once drank a half-bottle of gin in front of Sid Waddell before circumnavigating the board in doubles. Like Fred McMullen, the Northern Irishman that couldnā€™t subtract and once spent a game against Cliff Lazerenko asking his opponent what he needed to hit to finish and then proceeded to do just that.

But McKenna was different. His wardrobe wasnā€™t luminous and he instead wore his plain green shirt onto the oche. He was never weighed down by bling either, in fact the one time he tried to wear a ring was on a building site and it ended up getting caught in a pipe and nearly pulled him off some scaffolding. And strangest of all, he never drank. Instead he sat over an orange juice and listened and watched as those around him rose high before their egos and health brought them crashing back down with a hefty thud.

ā€œI used to try and warn them but they wouldnā€™t listen,ā€ he says. ā€œTake Jocky Wilson. I saw him when he came on the scene first and youā€™d beat him. The next minute he was winning the Masters. It was the drink. I remember I played Jocky in the World Cup singles first round, Friday morning, nine oā€™clock. He was shivering. No drink in him. Too early. I bet him well and shook hands and he dropped the darts and his flights went all over. He couldnā€™t hold them with the shaking.ā€

Little wonder. ā€œWe were checking out of a hotel in Toronto one time and the Scottish manager called me over. Jockyā€™s bill for drink in the room was 5,000 for 10 days. He was on pints of Bacardi. First time I knew he was doing it, I was over at the Masters and was getting a bottle of orange. Jocky came over and says, ā€˜Bacardiā€™ to the barman. Your man gives him a small one, and youā€™d want to see his face. ā€˜No, come back here you. See that pint glass, fill it to the top, and put in a dash of coke.ā€™ā€

Wilson wasnā€™t alone either. McKenna remembers Cliff Lazerenko challenging Paul Gosling to a drinking match, thinking heā€™d have it won in no time. Instead after a day in the bar and twenty-something pints later, the giant Hampshire man stumbled away saying he could take no more. He recalls John Part drinking raw vodkas and John Lowe flooring nothing but brandy and Britvic. And more recently there was Andy Fordham who would carry a crate of beer up to his room to calm nerves and then head for the bar where heā€™d order four bottles at a time.

McKennaā€™s introduction to darts was a far more innocent affair though. A fine rings thrower in his childhood, he saw his brother give away the family board but soon after got hold of a darts set. After Christmas dinner one year, he brought out the darts and won a pile of silver from the family. It was a similar story when he first entered a bar at 21 and quickly became hooked. ā€œIf I heard about you being good, Iā€™d go there to your pub. Soon Iā€™d started travelling around playing.ā€

For a while, it was still low-rent stuff. On a trip to Dundalk with his local team, he smelled the clutch burning and alerted the driver as the minibus left Newbridge. It barely got them to the tournament but on the way back the team had to get out and push up every hill. They sent a teammate out front to warn traffic but some oncoming cars ended up contacting the authorities, thinking they were trying to run over their friend and he was waving for help. It all came to an end in Drogheda when the Garda intervened.

ā€œThey were great times though and the funny thing was it didnā€™t change at the bigger events. The craic was still there. I made it to the News of the World [Championship] in 1975. My first big event and everything went wrong. We were left in the wrong car park and had to walk two miles to the Alexandra Palace. When I went up to play, there was the delay of an hour because lads climbed up the television stands and they were afraid theyā€™d collapse. Your man I was playing gave me a can of Lucozade while we were waiting. I sliced me finger open and do you think I could stop the bleeding?ā€

He quickly realised that the famous Not The Nine Oā€™Clock News sketch was more reality than skit. Backstage at the major events, all around him, were guys just like Dai ā€˜FatBellyā€™ Gutbucket and Tommy ā€˜EvenFatterBellyā€™ Beltcher making their way towards 501 milligrams of alcohol through a series of single pints and double and treble shots. If anything, Smith and Jones had underestimated the drinking capacity of the top players.

ā€œItā€™s hard to believe the characters that were there. I played Jocky in an exhibition in Leixlip. I beat him 2-0 and at the end of the night Jocky called me up to play him again and I beat him 2-0 again. He couldnā€™t stand and fell back off the stage on top of three auld ones. They couldnā€™t get him up. Another time at the 1990 Embassy, Jan Hoffmann won his first round and came back the next night before his second round to practice. Heā€™d disappeared the night before. Gone of with one of the Embassy girls who gave out free cigarettes and only got back in at seven in the morning. When he went out under the lights it hit him. It was like the darts were a tonne.ā€

It gets better

"Alan Evans was another great character. Too small, used to wear these shoes that were like stilts and heā€™d have this leek heā€™d pull out to get the Welsh going. Heā€™d start waving it around. One time we were in London. There was a Welsh lad over there, a supporter, had a dart board tattooed on his back. He took off the shirt and got Evans to throw darts at the tattoo. Out in the middle of the floor, everyone cheering and Evans burying these darts in his back and they were hanging out of the skin. I had to tell him to stop or heā€™d hit this guyā€™s spine and leave him in a wheelchair.

ā€œAnd then there was Charlie Byrne. He was an Irish teammate and I was cheering him on at this tournament in Dundee. Heā€™d a terrible habit of following his last dart. Heā€™d throw the third one and heā€™d be running at nearly the same time. But didnā€™t he trip over the oche, grabbed the stage as he fell and pulled the whole thing down. That was back in the early 1980s. They put the stage back up and with his first shot after, the dart board fell off the wall.ā€

And better

"The crowd back then were wild too. We were over at the Masters and there was this big New Zealand one, and she started a bit of trouble. The bouncer came up to put her out of the place, she drew back and knocked him clean out. He was 6ā€™2, 15 stone. Then she pulled the door off the squad car when the police were trying to get her into it outside the Lakeside. Deported in the end. You should have seen it.

ā€œAnd sure some of the players were as temperamental. Lowe beat Lazerenko one time and this old woman asked me to get some autographs. I went in and went over to Cliff, I didnā€™t know he was crying. I said put your autograph on that. He said Iā€™m not signing any autographs, Iā€™m too upset. Kevin Painter was the same. We were in Australia and he lost and threw his darts across the floor and started crying. My daughter-in-law met him at the Masters and he was outside the toilets crying. She asked what happened, he said he was beaten, she asked did he need the police. He said, ā€˜No, I mean I was beaten in the gameā€™.ā€

As for McKenna himself, he might well have won more on the international stage but has never spent a even a sliver of time regretting it. The darts association here never helped as they had the option of entering a player into the World Championships each year but never went to the meeting. In fact it was Northern Ireland that finally put him forward in 1990. Eric Bristow and Phil Taylor and Jocky Wilson and John Lowe asked him to join the PDC breakaway that year too but he refused on the basis of inequality. And after a car accident in 1997 when he broke two discs and a vertebrae in his back, he quit the game before coming back locally.

ā€œWho couldnā€™t have won more? Tommy Oā€™Regan was the best player I ever saw but he lost to John Lowe in the Masters one year because he had money on him to win it out. That happened a lot. Was the same with Phil Taylor in 1990. He was 100-1 coming into the World Championship and everyone bar me and Lowe had money on him. You want to see the players celebrating when Lowe got beaten.ā€

These days, McKenna spends his nights sitting in front of the fire at home, trying to get rid of a chest infection thatā€™s plagued him for the last month. Heā€™s been watching the darts highlights religiously and you ask if he misses it. ā€œNo. Sure thereā€™s no craic or characters anymore. And why would I miss it? Wasnā€™t I there for the very best of it.ā€

Superb article that, I knew Jocky was bad for the booze but pints of bacardi, what a swine. Hard to imagine John Part downing straight vodka too.

[quote=ā€œBandageā€]Obviously the World Professional Championships (or World Pro as I call it) gets its own dedicated thread every year but I thought it would be worthwhile having an ongoing thread where we can preview, discuss, debate and review all other BDO tournaments and general happenings throughout the year. The fact that the BDO Darts social group has become so popular already suggests thereā€™s a keen interest in the game from the grasroots right up to professional level.

Iā€™m already immensely looking forward to the Six Nations Cup, which is being held here in Ireland in late February, but thereā€™s plenty of darts to be thrown between now and then and the Dutch Open should be an absolute belter. I actually canā€™t wait to see the unveiling of the 2010 national team squads - I imagine Martin Adams will retain the England captaincy and rightfully so.

So loads to look forward to but thereā€™s also sad news to report with the passing of Della Fleetwood, Treasurer, World Darts Federation:

http://www.bdodarts.com/index.html[/QUOTE]

Also some very sad news there about the unfortunate Philip Hughes who fall into the frozen lake and perished at the Lakeside. A terrible way to go.

Disgraceful anti-BDO darts article by Dave Devereux in the Wexford People last week. Another thick bastard who thinks darts is all about screaming ā€˜oi oi oiā€™ at the top of your voice:

http://www.wexfordpeople.ie/sport/gaelic-football/sports-fans-frozen-out-by-the-big-freeze-2012587.html

Sports fans frozen out by the big freeze

INSIDE RIGHT is getting damned fed up of this arctic weather. No GAA, no rugby, Premier League football across the water decimated, no decent horse racing or anything else worth tuning into for that matter.

Thankfully thereā€™s a bit of Spanish football to look at or else weā€™d be reduced to viewing some dreadful drivel like the All-Ireland Talent Show or some other mind-numbing offering from RTE, made even worse by the fact that the TV licence has just been purchased for another year of ā€˜delightsā€™.

Thankfully weā€™re getting some value for our 160 by tuning into the news and weather on an almost frighteningly regular basis, even if it is just to catch another glimpse of reporter Paul Cunninghamā€™s hat.

Okay when, as in ā€˜Inside Rightā€™sā€™ case, you can barely get out of your own driveway for a week and have no running water, negating the ability to do things we take for granted like flushing toilets and showering and actually being reduced to melting snow to fill the cisterns, youā€™d imagine a lack of sport would be the least of our worries - but thatā€™s the life of a sport addict.

The beauty of sport is that no matter what hardship or stresses are going on around you, they can be shouldered to one side for an hour or two by a rip-roaring match, an enthralling race or a titanic battle.

[b]In desperation, over the weekend ā€˜Inside Rightā€™ even tried watching a bit of the BDO World Darts Championships, but five minutes was enough of the torture. It fails miserably in comparison to its sexed-up, money-fuelled cousin, the PDC.

Thereā€™s a handful of decent dart throwers in the BDO but invariably the better ones are lured by the more lucrative rewards of the PDC, thus leading to continually dropping standards at the Lakeside.

Thatā€™s not the biggest problem, however.

The stifled and dated format of the BBC-covered tournament is like watching paint dry - a week in the stocks would be more alluring.

Okay, Skyā€™s version may be more than a bit panto and downright raucous as drunken Duracell bunnies chant incessantly, but itā€™s far more fun and exciting, something thatā€™s evident from the playersā€™ faces in comparision to the funereal goingson with the other crowd in Frimley Green.[/b]

Another of ā€˜Inside Rightā€™sā€™ regular pastimes of a Saturday afternoon is to tune into the racing, particularly at this time of year as the countdown to the Cheltenham Festival gathers pace.

Normally we can watch Channel 4 and monitor the progress of the likes of Kauto Star, Zaynar and Big Bucks to name just a few, but instead weā€™re stuck looking at some God awful all-weather fare from Lingfield or Kempton or the like.

It may keep the horse racing business ticking over across the water, but it hardly sets the pulses racing watching some low grade seller where cart horses are pitted against each other in a marginal step up from a donkey derby.

Of course, the biggest sporting story of the weekend was the deplorable attack on the Togo squad in Angola, which definitely puts all our whining about the Thierry Henry handball and how it was labelled as a national tragedy into some kind of perspective.

Some things unquestionably are way more important than sport.

I take no notice of what anyone says in that joke of a paper.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Tom Mooney would never write scurrilous shit like that.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Warwickshire 22-17 Cambridgeshire.

Wolfie and Trina back in grassroots county action only a week after winning the World Title.

Thatā€™s what BDO darts is all about.

Obviously Trina will be happier with that result.

[quote=ā€œBandageā€]Warwickshire 22-17 Cambridgeshire.

Wolfie and Trina back in grassroots county action only a week after winning the World Title.

Thatā€™s what BDO darts is all about.

Obviously Trina will be happier with that result.[/QUOTE]

How is that Wolfie pub team are Rigbyā€™s, Market Deeping, Lincolnshire but plays his country darts for Camridgeshire?

[quote=ā€œBandageā€]Disgraceful anti-BDO darts article by Dave Devereux in the Wexford People last week. Another thick bastard who thinks darts is all about screaming ā€˜oi oi oiā€™ at the top of your voice:

http://www.wexfordpeople.ie/sport/gaelic-football/sports-fans-frozen-out-by-the-big-freeze-2012587.html[/QUOTE]

Just after seeing that post now.

That guy shoud just bend over for Rupert Murdock and be done with it.

I believe he currently resides in Lincolnshire but commenced playing with Cambridgeshire many years ago when he was living in Peterborough. Iā€™m open to correction on this though.

Any updates on the big event in Sligo this weekend.