BDO Darts Tournaments + News

The excellent form of the BDO players continued last night as 2000 and 2009 World Champion Ted Hankey, as expected, beat 1990 and 1992 World Champion Phil Taylor 5-4.

Martin Phillips demolished Adrian Lewis 5-2, joining BDO colleague Scott Waites on top of the group with 2 wins from 2 matches.

How is Ted playing lately, sid? Surprised to see Taylor running him so close given Phil hasnā€™t qualified for the World Championship knock out stages in nearly two decades.

The BDO lads are dominant in this, as expected, and thatā€™s even despite Wolfieā€™s absence. Heā€™s in exceptional form having won the World Masters for the 3rd year in succession.

Hankey getting abuse this year I assume. The jumped up nonce.

Tedā€™s playing some decent stuff, back to something approaching good form with a 103 average last night. But heā€™s pledged to treat this tournament purely as a warm up for Lakeside, so expect him to peak then.

I suppose the fact that it was a Stoke derby match inspired Taylor on the night, form often goes out th window in derby matches as we all know.

Ted Hankey - the poster boy of the BDO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGrd0FYqbl0

What a cock.

Controversy continued to follow Ted during the BDO International Open (formerly the England Open) on 15 June 2008. During a quarter-final match with former PDC player Robbie Green, Ted complained about the air conditioning being turned off. However, Green requested the air conditioning be turned off, as his much lighter darts were affected mid-flight, causing them to drift. This caused yet another erratic reaction from Hankey who threw his darts onto the board without much thought. Commentator David Croft labelled Hankeyā€™s latest antics as 'disgracefulā€™. Hankey went on to lose the match 2-1 in sets in the deciding leg.

Predictable enough win for Steve Beaton over the Sex Offender Taylor.

I havenā€™t yet had a chance to acknowledge Scott Waitesā€™s epic victory in the Grand Slam of Darts final at the weekend. Despite clearly being very badly affected by nerves, he showed true Yorkshire grit to recover from an 8-0 deficit to record an ultimately comfortable 16-12 win in the final against James Wade.

But true to form, the down to earth Waites insisted that heā€™d be in work at 8:00 the next morning for his day job as a joiner. Another great example of the similarity of ethos of the BDO and the GAA. Working class heroes in the very best sense of the phrase. Real people, real darts.

Overall, the BDO players proved their supremacy in this unification tournament, and donā€™t be surprised if an embarrassed Barry Hearn stops them from competing next year. Fair to say Waites is the best player in the world at the moment and his World Championship first round clash against Ted Hankey is the match all darts fans are waiteing for.

Edit: Wrong thread, iā€™m looking for the thread for the superior organisation. Hold on a minute. BDO sucks balls.

Dunphā€™s ilittle interjection here just proves that when people think of Darts they immediately think of the BDO. Even PDC fans.

Real Darts = BDO.

News has just reached me that the poster boy of the BDO, Ted Hankey, played in a PDC live event in Ireland earlier this year. More news to follow as i get itā€¦

Ted will be joining the PDC in January along with Scott Waites and Tony Oā€™Shea so might aswell get some practice in.

http://www.anfearrua.com/db.asp?a=topicdisplay&tid=951494&xpos=0

Jack Donaghy GE, he sounds familar. :lol:

Why is TFK only showing up as " the__- " over there? Is there a ban in place on the name??

Thatā€™s gas, the lads on TFK claim to be exiled from AFR :lol:

Who won the BDO darts? There hasnā€™t been a peep about it. :lol:

Martin Adams won it. There was a very busy thread for it during the championships. The 2011 event is starting this weekend.

Two sleeps away. Fuck yeah.

It will need its own dedicated thread. Some arsehole already set one up but named it incorrectly. I know the Zuiderduin Masters final was only 2 or 3 weeks ago but thereā€™s been a complete absence of quality darts to watch online or on TV since then. Saturday at the Lakeside will sort that issue out though. Ladies & Gentlemen, letā€™s play darts.

That was a fine performance by Ross Montgomery to win it. Heā€™ll be a live contender at Lakeside, the hun bastard.

[quote=ā€œBandage, post: 426499ā€]
Martin Adams won it. There was a very busy thread for it during the championships. The 2011 event is starting this weekend.[/quote]

Good thinking on the BDOs part not to go toe to toe with the PDC. Theyā€™re better off waiting until the PDC is nearly over. Can you imagine the latter stages of the two tournaments on at the same timeā€¦ What would the BDO attract, a few hundred viewersā€¦