Bertie Ahern

Live blog running here:

Shannonsider will be seething at this news

No word yet on Jim Bolgers foal

10.42 The Tribunal accepts that Mr Ahern copped a 50c each way Lucky 15 with Terry Rogers Bookmakers winning ā‚¬10,345.

10.32 - Okay, so what we know so far in relation to Bertie Ahern is that the tribunal has rejected a large portion of his evidence but there has been no finding of corruption against the former Taoiseach.

What a country :clap:

Bolger only mentioned in passing, they never teased out how an Erinā€™s Isle foal could be insured for so much then not be registered.

For a Tribunal that has gone on so long there is an awful lot of ā€œunexplained sourcesā€ in relation to the money.
Have they any smoking gun linking him to any corrupt payment?

Reading the raw report here. The level of corruption is staggering. The amount of councillors taking payments has surprised even a cynic like me. What will be done to these corruupt parasites? Absolutely nothing I suppose.

The Tribunal doesnā€™t believe de digout story by Chawke etcā€¦ :

Weā€™ve got plenty of conjecture and hearsay. Those are kinds of evidence

I donā€™t think they do, but they reject his explanations and accept as truthful the evidence of others who say they were told Ahern was taking money for favours. It seems to be clear what they think but they donā€™t state it outright.

Padraig Flynn and his wife are liars: official :lol:

Their evidence is ā€˜astounding, incredible and untrueā€™. The wife is as good a liar as her husband it seems. She claims she never saw documents despite her signature being all over them. Is there no end to the cuntisness of that family? The gameā€™s up you old cunt.

Canā€™t we just leave sleeping dogs lie :strokechin:

+1 ā‚¬300 million for this shit.

Compile a case and bring it to the courts if you have evidence.

Essentially, itā€™s a bit like the kid with jam on his face next to the empty jam jar. The kid canā€™t explain where he got the jam, nobody actually saw him eat it, but everyone knows that he did.

Iā€™m beginning to believe that this report has been money well spent.

Mrs Pee Flynn fraudulently drawing farming subsidies is a beaut. I donā€™t suppose thereā€™ll be any clawback there? Farm bought by the 50k cheque. She gets the grants then despite not metting the criteria for them. There should be another enquiry into that ffs.

Interesting that they charge ā€œmembers of the Governmentā€ with trying to ā€œcollapseā€ the inquiry and ā€œerode its independenceā€.

A pretty serious affair in most other countries but fair game here I suppose.

In fairness to them , they might have saved us 300m had they succeeded.

I presume all this will be in vein and is just an exercise in pretending the state are doing something to nail the bad guys. Is there any chance someone could end up behind bars here?

The only possible and tangible outcome here is that revenue are given the file.
That veggie importer was jailed last month for evading import tax on garlic, he got 3 years.
We have a precidence now, and just in time, i.e. a jailing for tax evasion, but in that case they had documented emails.
In Ahernes case they wont, but in Flynns they will.
Follow through will be interesting