Best Hurler In The World

Well, who the fook is it at present?

Easy. Shefflin. btw bandage, why isnā€™t Andrew ā€˜Shaughsā€™ Oā€™Shaughnessy on your list??? Heā€™s a close 3rd, behind Shefflin and Tommy Walsh.

He had an exceptional season last year alright. However, I think the nine players I specifically mentioned are better players than him!

Tommy for me. 5 All Stars in 5 different positions tells its own story.

Great player.

He annoys me though. I was hoping Stephen Nolan would nail him last year that time*. Ah well, thereā€™s always this year.

• Bandage does not condone dirty onfield play.

tommy walsh is the best pound or pound hurler in the countryā€¦his ability under a dropping ball for a lad his height is unbelievableā€¦

how come joe canning isnt on the listā€¦also i would consider martin comerford and eddie brennan better hurlers than joe deane or ben o conner presentlyā€¦

Quite frankly Bandage your list is a bags!

In my defence I considered the omitted players and thatā€™s why I have the ā€˜other - please specifyā€™ option! Also, 3 Kilkenny players is reminder enough of how good they are and I didnā€™t want to make it 5. As for Joe Canning, for all his Portumna, minor, U-21 and Fitzgibbon Cup feats (which are very, very impressive), he needs to play and impress in a senior campaign for Galway before he makes my list. In short, get fooked - itā€™s my list and Iā€™ll do what I want with it!

Tommy Walsh for me. Better all round hurler than Sheflin, Cha and Eoin Kelly who would be the closeest to him. Seeing Ben Oā€™Connor on it made me laugh, 3 or 4 years ago maybe but nowhere near it now. Agreed re Canning, expect to see him make his debut in the league semi in 2 weeks.

I didnā€™t expect you to agree with me on Canning but Iā€™m looking forward to seeing where Galway utilise him. What position do you anticipate him playing in Jack?

Heā€™s a class act but you canā€™t really have him up there with the likes of Tommy and Sheflin until heā€™s done it for the Galway seniors. I think heā€™ll be full forward same as he is for the club, donā€™t think heā€™s mobile enough for centre forward. Maybe if he loses a stone or two heā€™s long term future may be centre forward but I think heā€™ll be Galway number 14 this summer.
Get the ball into his hand and heā€™s deadly. Really looking foward to seeing how he gets on.

Heard an interview with Ollie Canning after the Birr match and he said that he was considering going back as wellā€¦

Any more news on that?

[quote=ā€œfarmerinthecityā€]Heard an interview with Ollie Canning after the Birr match and he said that he was considering going back as wellā€¦

Any more news on that?[/quote]

No still waiting for word on whether Ollie is going back or not. He hasnā€™t gone back with them yet anyway. Hopefully heā€™ll go back for another year, heā€™d be a big addition in the corner.