Big, Big Month For Celtic - Part II

This is what I got on him Bandage. On a course all day yday, sorry about the latness of the report. Direct quote from my contact on the ground in Bergenā€¦

[i]Erlend is one of the trustworthy ones at Brann - very stable and one of my favourites through all the years playing for Brann - will be a loss for us when he leaves. He has been playing well together with Torstein Helstad and he is clever on runs (do you say that in English?) = in starting back bringing the ball with him all the way down to the opponents goal and either go for a goal or giving someone else the opportunity to scoreā€¦

One of the few on Brann actually coming from the local area around Bergen (rest is imported from Iceland) - we will miss him alot-

Ask Celtic supporters to be kind to him :slight_smile: [/i]

Bottomline, heā€™s a good player. Brann through and through but has the quality to play in a higher league: so heā€™ll be grand in the SPL :slight_smile:

Ye better hope a big club like Villa donā€™t come in and poach him bandageā€¦

[quote=ā€œLockeā€]This is what I got on him Bandage. On a course all day yday, sorry about the latness of the report. Direct quote from my contact on the ground in Bergenā€¦

[i]Erlend is one of the trustworthy ones at Brann - very stable and one of my favourites through all the years playing for Brann - will be a loss for us when he leaves. He has been playing well together with Torstein Helstad and he is clever on runs (do you say that in English?) = in starting back bringing the ball with him all the way down to the opponents goal and either go for a goal or giving someone else the opportunity to scoreā€¦

One of the few on Brann actually coming from the local area around Bergen (rest is imported from Iceland) - we will miss him alot-

Ask Celtic supporters to be kind to him :slight_smile: [/i]

Bottomline, heā€™s a good player. Brann through and through but has the quality to play in a higher league: so heā€™ll be grand in the SPL :)[/quote]

Good work Locke. Sounds promising.

Thanks Rocko, Iā€™m only sorry I didnā€™t get this too you earlier. Once again my apologies

Early favourite for December IOTM on the basis of that tardiness but thereā€™s time left for improvement.

Thanks for the report Locke - Celtic rarely, if ever, end signing anyone they take on trial but weā€™ll see. I was watching the Daily Huddle last night (do Aston Villa have their own club TV station?) and the reserve game at Killie was postponed on Tuesday so the reserves, trialists and best youth team players had a bounce game at Lennoxtown. It looked pretty class - there was snow all around the hills around the complex but they were playing away given the training pitches all have undersoil heating. Thereā€™s two young Czech lads on trial this week too:

Celtic take Czech wonderkids Fantis and Misum on trial - but face battle with AC Milan to keep them

Dec 4 2008 By Gary Ralston

CELTIC are set to fight it out with ACMilan for two of the hottest young prospects in Czech football.

The SPL champions have taken teenagers Anton Fantis and Milan Misun on trial this week after a string of impressive performances in recent months.

Striker Fantis, 16, and central defender Misun, 18, will train at Lennoxtown and take in Sundayā€™s clash against Hibs at Easter Road.

They play with FK Pribram, currently 12th in the Czech league, and have had a host of leading clubs checking them out on the back of some cracking performances.

Celtic moved to invite them to Glasgow after another fine display in a 0-0 draw against Slavia Prague on Sunday.

Agent Ondrej Chovanec said: "The players have been observed by scouts of Celtic and AC Milan - and Celtic decided to invite them for a short-term attachment.

ā€œTheyā€™ll undergo medicals, train with the A team and take in the game against Hibs. But we expect AC Milan will soon invite them to spend a short spell with their club.ā€

Slavia and Czech rivals Plzen are also keeping tabs on the players who are in their first season as senior pros.

But Celtic have stolen a march and if the players like what they see the club will be in pole position to sign them.

catching up on the premiership love in on this thread again, and like mac, just wondering why KIBman persisted in saying 20 caps 0 goals for mcgeady anythime he mentioned him. How many of those 20 caps were a sa sub being thrown on in a crap friendly? From what I can make out on his profile, Mcgeady has started 12 games for Ireland. Iā€™d be the first to admit, his performances havent been anything great, but is it any reason to write someone off? Stephen Hunt has also yet to score for Ireland.

Let it go Bandage.

[quote=ā€œGmanā€]catching up on the premiership love in on this thread again, and like mac, just wondering why KIBman persisted in saying 20 caps 0 goals for mcgeady anythime he mentioned him. How many of those 20 caps were a sa sub being thrown on in a crap friendly? From what I can make out on his profile, Mcgeady has started 12 games for Ireland. Iā€™d be the first to admit, his performances havent been anything great, but is it any reason to write someone off? Stephen Hunt has also yet to score for Ireland.

[/quote]

Hunt scored against Poland Gman

[quote=ā€œCaptainshanā€]Let it go Bandage.

[/quote]

I have a TV/AV button on my remote control - is that anything to do with Aston Villa TV ?

Fook sake Shan - I specifically left that crumb there to entice a KIB Man outburst about club channels being stupid and Villa having a better model that theyā€™re going to launch online in the near future or something.

Sure dont most clubs have subscription tv online anyway. I dont even know how much the subscription is for Mutv now. Its money going into Pat Crerands pocket anyway.

Its a long way down from European prestige to Club TV channels but here

http://www.avfc.premiumtv.co.uk/:slight_smile:

my apologies TDB, I had forgot that game completely. but still, that wasnt really the point of my argument anyway. Premiership/English players are way over valued and over hyped. Gareth Barry was rumoured to be going for ridiculous money to Liverpool in the summer, and he isnt a patch on Alonso. Any pool supporter I know was delighted Barry didnt join. over hyped, over valued and would not add anything that wasnt already there. Alonso is proving that this season anyway.

Iā€™m not writing him offā€¦yet. Its time he started to deliver though. For a champions league regular that has battered the best of Europe Im expecting more than 12 starts - 1 decent performance. 1 assist too as far as I can tell

Agree, Alonso is a far superior player to Barry. Alonso is a EPL player though Gman and has been for a few years which kind of contradicts your argument. Doubled up with the Hunt comparison which you then withdrew, it makes an early contender for Xmas number one idiot. Your not going to get my crown that easy tho

I doubt Liverpool fans are worrying too much about money they didnt spend on Barry. Id say they are more concerned with the 20m that went on EPL veteran Robbie Keane.

[quote=ā€œKIB manā€]Its a long way down from European prestige to Club TV channels but here

http://www.avfc.premiumtv.co.uk/:slight_smile:[/quote]

Thatā€™s a link to a page thatā€™s expired KIB Man.

Celtic have both an online channel and a TV channel.

Ergo, Villa are smalltime.

[quote=ā€œBandageā€]Thatā€™s a link to a page thatā€™s expired KIB Man.

Celtic have both an online channel and a TV channel.

Ergo, Villa are smalltime.[/quote]

Youā€™ve got me there Bandage. That and the open top bus

[quote=ā€œKIB manā€]Agree, Alonso is a far superior player to Barry. Alonso is a EPL player though Gman and has been for a few years which kind of contradicts your argument. Doubled up with the Hunt comparison which you then withdrew, it makes an early contender for Xmas number one idiot. Your not going to get my crown that easy tho

I doubt Liverpool fans are worrying too much about money they didnt spend on Barry. Id say they are more concerned with the 20m that went on EPL veteran Robbie Keane.[/quote]

eh, hardly. Alonso is Spanish, and I made the point first about English Premierleague players, sorry about the confusion, I just looked there and shouldnt have used a / . Alonso is hardly overhyped in any case. And regarding the hunt comparison, as I said, that wasnt the crux of my argument, and if you think something like that is worthy of xmas idiot then the title suits you well!

The transfer of Keane I spoke about on the Liverpool thread, please do not take this thread off topic!:stuck_out_tongue:

The point of your argument was that Premiership/English are way over valued and over hyped. Fair enough. Except though that your ā€˜argumentā€™ was a defence of McGeady and a comparison with Hunt. Two players who dont play in the EPL. Both are Irish internationals too.

Herr Rock is the grammatical and numerical expert on here. Fair play to him at least he is good for something. I would think Premiership/English constitues both EPL and English players. I will let him clarify and accept his noble judgement.