Big, Big Month For Celtic - Part II

Personality clashes happen all the time in life and football. This is no different. It appears young McGeady doesnt take well to criticism from his manager. Maybe he believes all the hype surrounding him by the adoring Glasgow Celtic supporters. Imo Gordon Strachan has delievered 3 SPL titles in three years and has followed the boardā€™s wishes in cutting out big earners. Therefore he should undoubtedly have the boardā€™s support.

In any case, McGeady could be looking for a way out in January. Rather than demanding a transfer he can play the whole personality clash with Strachan line for his exit. I really think he needs a move to be honest and if Bayern Munich are genuinely interested he should walk there if necessary. On the other hand, Strachan may be angling for the Sunderland job and has a ready made excuse to quit if the board donā€™t back him.

The Bayern Munich bid for McGeady is apparently a player plus cash deal, Schweinsteiger plus ā‚¬8m. If it was Ribery plus ā‚¬8m then Iā€™d consider it but Iā€™d prefer to keep Aiden as things stand.

Itā€™s not really hype that surrounds Aiden because the ladā€™s delivered in spades for Celtic. But the exciting thing is that heā€™s already reached such a high level, yet still has scope for loads of improvement too. In that sense, Iā€™d like to see him reach his peak at Celtic rather than elsewhere.

As for Strachan, he deserves tremendous credit for his achievements at Celtic but this is a serious test of his man-management skills. It would be a shame if such a quality homegrown talent was sold because of a personality clash.

I donā€™t particularly think either of them are angling for moves, rather their relationship has soured terribly. Hopefully they can both get over it and Iā€™m putting on record that Iā€™m happy to mediate in any talks.

The departure of McGeady could open the door for Paddy McCourt to make his mark or Kozi Mizuno. Failing that maybe Tony Sheridan could be persuaded out of retirement

[quote=ā€œBandageā€]The Bayern Munich bid for McGeady is apparently a player plus cash deal, Schweinsteiger plus 8m.
.[/quote]

will you go away outta that you chancer:p

Puke, Iā€™m only repeating what Iā€™ve heard through Celtic sources.

One of the Czech youngsters we had on trial over the past couple of weeks is set to sign. Heā€™s an 18-year old left back called Milan Misun and negotiations are almost completed. He was apparently attracting interest from Milan too so itā€™ll be interesting to see if heā€™s a young player for the future or if heā€™s capable of coming into a new environment and pushing for an immediate first-team place.

Niall McGinnā€™s deal is close to being finalised too.

John Kennedy looks to have suffered another knee injury on Saturday for Norwich. I feel really sorry for him and again hope itā€™s only a minor setback.

[quote=ā€œBandageā€]Puke, Iā€™m only repeating what Iā€™ve heard through Celtic sources.

.[/quote]

What source was that from Bandageā€¦The National Enquirer possibly;)

[quote=ā€œBandageā€]The Bayern Munich bid for McGeady is apparently a player plus cash deal, Schweinsteiger plus ā‚¬8m. If it was Ribery plus ā‚¬8m then Iā€™d consider it but Iā€™d prefer to keep Aiden as things stand.

.[/quote]

Bandage

Youā€™re having a larf arenā€™t you?
Bastian is a quality player that has performed at World cup, Euro Championships, Champions League and Bundesliga.
Compared to young Aiden he is a more proven operator. Add in a few million in cash and if I were Celtic Iā€™d bite Bayernā€™s hand for that deal.
That is assuming youā€™re not on another fishing expeditionā€¦

WBY

Maybe celtic are offering Bayern the 8 million along with McGeadyā€¦That would make more senseā€¦

if Schweinsteiger was a german beer and they were offering Celtic 8m and a crate of the stuff then Celtic would be advised to bite their hands off

Realistic Celtic Targets:

Hreidarsson, Kanu, Johnny Evans, Scharner, Finnan, Damien Duff and Chris McCann.

All pretty cheap and would improve the squad.

[quote=ā€œKIB manā€]Realistic Celtic Targets:

Hreidarsson, Kanu, Johnny Evans, Scharner, Finnan, Damien Duff and Chris McCann.

All pretty cheap and would improve the squad.[/quote]

What about Ashley Young to replace McGeady? Mightnt have the european experience but has pelnty potential.

Also Martin Laursen is at a stage in his career when he would like to win a few trophys, I think he would be a good signing for Celtic too.

[quote=ā€œdancarterā€]What about Ashley Young to replace McGeady? Mightnt have the european experience but has pelnty potential.

Also Martin Laursen is at a stage in his career when he would like to win a few trophys, I think he would be a good signing for Celtic too.[/quote]

Sure if they fancied a meaningless trophy they should tog out for Cork in the Waterford Crystal . Gerald McCarthy is short a few quality players. Cork badly need a new full back, Laursen could cover that while Ashley Young would fill the terraces at Pairc Ui Chaoimh. The marketing potential of another black superstar would have Frank Murphy creaming himself.

Villa have as good a chance as Cork of winning the Waherfurh Crystal now KIB Id say!

my sources within Celtic Park said that mcgreedy was out of line - says he reacted really badly to mild criticism & cant keep his mouth shut

players shouldnt question their manager- fergie is famed for his hairdryer treatment etc but when WGS does something similar he is a dick according to some Celtic fans

[quote=ā€œnorth county corncrakeā€]my sources within Celtic Park said that mcgreedy was out of line - says he reacted really badly to mild criticism & cant keep his mouth shut

players shouldnt question their manager- fergie is famed for his hairdryer treatment etc but when WGS does something similar he is a dick according to some Celtic fans[/quote]

Aidenā€™s a spiky enough character too so Iā€™m not taking sides as I donā€™t know for definite whatā€™s go on.

Do you have any more information NCC?

Like a relatively straighforward comparison between a bank account and a bank statement, can the differences be reconciled?

[quote=ā€œBandageā€]Aidenā€™s a spiky enough character too so Iā€™m not taking sides as I donā€™t know for definite whatā€™s go on.

Do you have any more information NCC?

Like a relatively straighforward comparison between a bank account and a bank statement, can the differences be reconciled?[/quote]

wgs had a go but wasnt too bad but mcgeady cant keep his mouth shut & it blew up from there
said he is a goner

messiloney would be the man to ask for more details - ill try & get him to log on

Maloneyā€™s hamstrung now too and is expected to be out until well into January. Marc Crosas was on the bench at the weekend after 8 weeks out and heā€™s a good one to have back as we were playing good stuff with him in the middle due to his crisp and positive passing. McGeadyā€™s agent says heā€™s unaware of any bust up according to a BBC report but heā€™s unlikely to come out and say, ā€˜Fooking hell, theyā€™d a huge set to in the dressing roomā€™. Bastian Schweinsteiger has just signed a new deal with FC Bayern so weā€™ll probably settle for ā‚¬20m cash, if we sell at all.

Realistically I reckon 6m -7m stg for McGeady. Your best bet is a bidding war but recent recruits from the SPL have been pretty poor so clubs will be wary.

The best Celtic supporter site is right behind McGeady:

Milanā€™s Misunā€™s agent says the deal to sign him is completed and heā€™ll join on 1 January.

Niall McGinn successfully completed his medical in Glasgow this evening.

I am surprised that celtc fans would take McGeadyā€™s sideā€¦Doesnā€™t make a difference whether you are a professional soccer player or a labourer on a building site or an office worker, you cannot undermine your bosses position in front of the rest of the staff/players and expect to get away with it, barring the boss lacking any balls or backboneā€¦

I am surprised that Aiden would carry on like that, is he getting a bit in his boots I wonderā€¦