Big, Big Month For Celtic - Part II

How would Aston Villa fare in the Champions league this year? We’ll never know. Just because Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United do well every year doesn’t automatically mean that the next best team in the EPL will. Look at Everton as an example.

The logic your implying is that Arsenal are a great team because they beat Man United and Chelsea this year and therefore Aston Villa’s form, being only one point behind Arsenal, is good.

In reality Arsenal have already lost 5 games out of 15 this season which actually makes their form, for a potential champion, fairly poor. It doesn’t really matter who they’ve beaten or been beaten by.

So, to recap KIB EPL Man’s points:

If Henrik Larsson speaks glowingly of Celtic, it’s to be ignored as he’s telling ‘porky pies’ due to his bias and relationship with the club but recent Villa signings doing similar at their club is conclusive proof that they’re a club truly on the up with oceans of potential. No contradiction at all there.

Villa’s quality is proven by coming 16th, then 10th and then 6th in the EPL, whereas Celtic getting to a European Final and to the the last 16 of the Champions League is proof of poor quality.

Being the second best of the also rans behind Everton and getting the better of Blackburn and Boro is more impressive than advancement to the Champions League knock-out stages. Eh, okay then!

Villa should be judged on their result at Arsenal and not on their defeats to Stoke and others.

It’s selective and subjective and driven by your desire to see Villa do well. Unfortunately, they haven’t actually achieved anything of note yet, as opposed to Celtic. Why your frustration at Villa’s awfully modest recent achievements reflects itself in jibes against Celtic (many of them childish and petty - Hartson comment for example) has yet to be established. But there must be some underlying reason and I’m willing to be your Dr Melfi - speak to me, poor misguided child.

[quote=“KIB man”]Its quantifiable progress tho Bandage. Im sure an accountant like yourself can understand that concept. Being from the wilds of West Clare I dont really care too much about local B’ham bragging rights.

Maybe my view is biased but what view do you think Randy Lerner, MON, Petrov, Cuellar, A Young, L Young, Carew had of their potential before they signed up.[/quote]

Some basis for supporting a football club!

[quote=“Bandage”]So, to recap KIB EPL Man’s points:

It’s selective and subjective and driven by your desire to see Villa do well. Unfortunately, they haven’t actually achieved anything of note yet, as opposed to Celtic. Why your frustration at Villa’s awfully modest recent achievements reflects itself in jibes against Celtic (many of them childish and petty - Hartson comment for example) has yet to be established. But there must be some underlying reason and I’m willing to be your Dr Melfi - speak to me, poor misguided child.[/quote]

I thought his point was that Celtic’s playing staff were mediocre?

Lads you can hardly accuse KIB of supporting villa for the glamour

Short term glory seeker was also thrown in my direction as well as a picture of a Jewish boy. Very strange

Well Georgy, as mentioned, the Celtic playing staff have advanced themselves to a European final and twice to the knock-out stage of the Champions League in the past 5 years so it’s an odd comment, especially when he constantly references Villa as being superior considering they have achieved nothing of note in years - unless you count tucking in behind Everton in the league as reason to pop open the champagne.

I’ve sent an e-mail to UEFA asking them who is better, Celtic or Villa. I’ll let you know when they come back to me.

http://www.worldclubrankings.com/2008/12/wcr-top-25-clubs-in-world-liverpool.html

Celtic 14th

Villa 24th

Thats enough for me

whatever you do KIB dont question mcgeadys final ball

[quote=“Mac”]http://www.worldclubrankings.com/2008/12/wcr-top-25-clubs-in-world-liverpool.html

Celtic 14th

Villa 24th

Thats enough for me[/quote]

Game over so.

[quote=“Mac”]http://www.worldclubrankings.com/2008/12/wcr-top-25-clubs-in-world-liverpool.html

Celtic 14th

Villa 24th

Thats enough for me[/quote]

a joke of a ranking system, az fucking alkmaar and tsg hoeffenheim?

get to fuck

[quote=“HBV*”]a joke of a ranking system, az fucking alkmaar and tsg hoeffenheim?

get to fuck[/quote]

Don’t question the system

[quote=“HBV*”]a joke of a ranking system, az fucking alkmaar and tsg hoeffenheim?

get to fuck[/quote]

They’re part of the world too HBV.

yes, part of the world that celtic inhabit maybe

Hoffenheim were leading the Bundesliga last time I checked - having a great season.

On the flipside, I’ll contradict my own argument

http://soccer-source.blogspot.com/

Villa in the top 25 but Celtic drop out.

You know what? I couldn’t really give a shit but its entertaining reading all the same.

I would but to be fair to the lad he hasnt got one.

The Celtic playing staff that got to the European final?

Is that not significantly different to their squad now. That side wasnt bad. The side at the moment is muck

How many of the current Celtic playing staff would make the Villa side on current form?

That is my argument as to why Villa are miles ahead of Celtic at the moment and this imo only looks like increasing for the forseeable future.