Big, Big Month For Celtic - Part II

There’s the absolute irony of someone who supports a team with no recent European pedigree having a pop at Celtic with the ‘friendly or testimonial’ comment. Does this utter simpleton count winning the Intertoto Cup as a better achievement than defeating Barcelona over 2 legs, for example?

There’s also the absolute irony of suggesting Rocko and myself didn’t know what year Villa won the European Cup when KIB Man himself didn’t know and mentioned 1983 recently before being corrected by another poster.

Surreal stuff indeed. It’s like someone with no legs claiming they can run faster than the great Paul Hession. What a deranged individual - spouting half-baked suppositions and proclaiming opinions as fact. Weird.

[quote=“Bandage”]There’s the absolute irony of someone who supports a team with no recent European pedigree having a pop at Celtic with the ‘friendly or testimonial’ comment. Does this utter simpleton count winning the Intertoto Cup as a better achievement than defeating Barcelona over 2 legs, for example?

There’s also the absolute irony of suggesting Rocko and myself didn’t know what year Villa won the European Cup when KIB Man himself didn’t know and mentioned 1983 recently before being corrected by another poster.

Surreal stuff indeed. It’s like someone with no legs claiming they can run faster than the great Paul Hession. What a deranged individual - spouting half-baked suppositions and proclaiming opinions as fact. Weird.[/quote]

No relevant European pedigree was quickly substituted for relevant European experience after I pointed out Villa have won the European Cup, now its been changed again to no recent European pedigree. Recent being this season, Villa have beaten the following European sides Litex Lovech, Ajax, Slavia Prague, Odense and Hafnarfjordu. All pretty muck teams but around Celtic’s level or above. There is no point bragging about beating the likes of them but it would probably be enough to have Celtic fans creaming themselves. You and Rock better get the wheels on the goalposts again.

I never mentioned the Intertoto Cup but maybe we should have booked the bus after all since they are medals…

Yes Villa won the European Cup in 1982. Yes a mistake. I could have put down 1987 for all you noticed anyway.

I know how you feel guys. Its depressing watching a shit team going nowhere like Villa were for years. But you have got to hold on and stick with it. You have a friendly to look forward to after all. Might even be a testimonial in it later on for the best fans in the world.

Can someone pop the picture of Bandage in?

http://images.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/2007/02/25/srfron250207.jpg&imgrefurl=http://reiteoir.wordpress.com/2007/02/26/no-to-foreign-sports-says-a-celtic-fc-jersey-wearing-irishman/&usg=__CbdstYgCCZNmP6Mhss4ht-cM9CA=&h=280&w=199&sz=12&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=WlcIBAS4SoQdbM:&tbnh=114&tbnw=81&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dno%2Bto%2Bforeign%2Bgames%2Bin%2Bcroke%2Bpark%2Bceltic%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den

Just after reading over this thread, great stuff so far, its like watching two bald men fight over a comb. Keep up the sterling work lads

Sorry son but I was well aware Villa won the European Cup, however I didn’t know the exact year what with not being a supporter of them. I presumed you would have known but you didn’t.

Now you’re making lists of teams Villa have recently beaten in Europe - teams who pale into insignificance in comparison to the sides Celtic have overcome during the present decade. Thank you for assisting me with my argument - gas stuff! It’s how adamant you are and the certainty of your tone that’s funniest.

Meanwhile, coming 6th in the EPL and then creaming yourself over it is perhaps the most delusional yet amusing thing I’ve ever read on here. You seem so incredibly fooking proud to be a part of the EPL, while being oblivious to the fact you’re also rans. A Sky Sports marketing man’s wet dream if ever I saw one.

Gas.

[quote=“KIB man”]
I know how you feel guys. Its depressing watching a shit team going nowhere like Villa were for years.[/quote]

5th in the premier league with 15 games gone. Hull City are only 1 point behind Aston Villa and all of a sudden ye’re going somewhere.

[quote=“Bandage”]Sorry son but I was well aware Villa won the European Cup, however I didn’t know the exact year what with not being a supporter of them. I presumed you would have known but you didn’t.

Now you’re making lists of teams Villa have recently beaten in Europe - teams who pale into insignificance in comparison to the sides Celtic have overcome during the present decade. Thank you for assisting me with my argument - gas stuff! It’s how adamant you are and the certainty of your tone that’s funniest.

Meanwhile, coming 6th in the EPL and then creaming yourself over it is perhaps the most delusional yet amusing thing I’ve ever read on here. You seem so incredibly fooking proud to be a part of the EPL, while being oblivious to the fact you’re also rans. A Sky Sports marketing man’s wet dream if ever I saw one.

Gas.[/quote]

Why dont you put a list up of the sides in Europe that Celtic have beaten this season. Or did you change again to the past decade. Villa havent been in Europe that much in the past decade so it wouldn’t be a relevant comparison. Not counting testimonials and friendlies. Here I will give you a hand

…

At least I am realistic about Villa and their future prospects. Coming 6th two season after coming 16th is extremely satisfying. Wouldnt say I’m creaming myself but I’m looking forward to the future.

Again I repeat this is the Celtic thread. There appears to be some sort of inferiority complex going on. Who brought Aston Villa up on a Celtic thread. Sort it out.

Oh and your not my father.

This thread should come with a warning not to read prior to voting on this months IOTM Poll, similar to the directives a judge gives the jury about ignoring media coverage of the case they are sitting on.

Even though this is happening in December I fear it could cloud peoples judgment when voting on the November Poll.

1 point behind a side with some of the best players in Europe too Fran, Fabregas, Adebayor etc.

A thoroughly ridiculous point.

Is this just a glorified Celtic versus Aston Villa debate?

I love all this IF Villa were in Scotland then they won easily win the league up there.

IF Celtic were in the EPL they would be fighting relegation or even be in Division 1.

Who knows what would happen?

The facts however speak for themselves. Aston Villa haven’t got anywhere in a European competition since they won it in 1982. Celtic reached a UEFA Cup final and the last 16 of the Champions League on the last two occasions.

You can cry about it as much as you want KIB but thems the facts.

[quote=“KIB man”]1 point behind a side with some of the best players in Europe too Fran, Fabregas, Adebayor etc.

A thoroughly ridiculous point.[/quote]

His “15 games gone” point ain’t ridiculous.
I think Villa were top of the EPL there after 2 games. You must have came in your pants, just a little bit.

Finally, a tacit admission that Villa don’t compete at the level Celtic do in the modern era. Feel free to come back to me when you reach a European Final or get to the last 16 of the Champions League twice in succession like Celtic have done in the past 5 years. You see, these are actual achievements - you’re lauding Villa based on your own biased view of their potential. Coming 16th and rising up to 6th doesn’t actually mean much at all bar giving you local bragging rights over Coventry, Birmingham or some of your other rivals.

[quote=“Pikeman”]His “15 games gone” point ain’t ridiculous.
I think Villa were top of the EPL there after 2 games. You must have came in your pants, just a little bit.[/quote]

Not quite. I had perhaps a slight semi after the win at the Emirates. Then again, watching men play football while enjoyable doesnt sexually stimulate me.

Is it still a big month for Celtic?

[quote=“KIB man”]1 point behind a side with some of the best players in Europe too Fran, Fabregas, Adebayor etc.

A thoroughly ridiculous point.[/quote]

Sorry apologies. Recently promoted Hull are 2 points behind Aston Villa.

Villa are really going places.

You’re looking for credit for being one point behind Arsenal. In case you haven’t noticed Arsenal have already lost 5 games this year. That’s 33% of their games so far

Its quantifiable progress tho Bandage. Im sure an accountant like yourself can understand that concept. Being from the wilds of West Clare I dont really care too much about local B’ham bragging rights.

Maybe my view is biased but what view do you think Randy Lerner, MON, Petrov, Cuellar, A Young, L Young, Carew had of their potential before they signed up. I’m not the only one really.

[quote=“Fran”]Sorry apologies. Recently promoted Hull are 2 points behind Aston Villa.

Villa are really going places.

You’re looking for credit for being one point behind Arsenal. In case you haven’t noticed Arsenal have already lost 5 games this year. That’s 33% of their games so far[/quote]

And beaten Man Utd and Chelsea pretty comfortably in the last 3 weeks. European finalists last year if you havent noticed.

Lies, Damned Lies and stats

[quote=“KIB man”]And beaten Man Utd and Chelsea pretty comfortably in the last 3 weeks. European finalists last year if you havent noticed.

Lies, Damned Lies and stats[/quote]

I’m not gauging Arsenal on who they’ve beaten in one off games. Your logic doesn’t stand up when you take into account that Arsenal have been beaten by Hull, Stoke, Fulham & Man City.

Celtic fixture list this month:
Dec 7, Hibernian away (League)
Dec 10, Villarreal home (Friendly)
Dec 13, Hearts home (League)
Dec 21, Falkirk away (League)
Dec 27, Huns away (League)

Thu 4 H MSK Zilina UEFA
Sun 7 A Everton PREM
Sat 13 H Bolton PREM
Wed 17 A Hamburg UEFA
Sat 20 A West Ham Utd PREM
Fri 26 H Arsenal PREM
Tue 30 A Hull City PREM

neither club interests me but looking at this i think id rather be a villa fan, and i dont think its even a big, big month for them

What logic am I implying. Arsenal are 4th on merit and are one of the best sides in Europe. If Arsenal have beaten Chelsea and Utd in one off games were they not beaten by the likes of Hull in a ‘one off’ game too. All were EPL games if truth be known.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Is this just a glorified Celtic versus Aston Villa debate?

I love all this IF Villa were in Scotland then they won easily win the league up there.

IF Celtic were in the EPL they would be fighting relegation or even be in Division 1.

Who knows what would happen?

The facts however speak for themselves. Aston Villa haven’t got anywhere in a European competition since they won it in 1982. Celtic reached a UEFA Cup final and the last 16 of the Champions League on the last two occasions.

You can cry about it as much as you want KIB but thems the facts.[/quote]

say it aint so farmer boo hoo. Aston Villa at the current time ie. right now are miles ahead of Celtic. How many Celtic players would make the Villa side right now. Answer zero.