Blackrock college guyz in Thailand

He was hardly talking about himself was he?

I don’t think he’s comparing the two but comparing the group think and herd mentality.

Challenging a catholic priest was a taboo. You’d be ostracised/cancelled.

We have our own taboos nowadays. If you challenge them you risk the same cancellation.

Lads are awful brave saying they’d have challenged old taboos when times have moved on. They wouldn’t have.

Covid proved people are still very compliant once you apply a bit of fear and social opprobrium.

6 Likes

A great book. Some unbelievable stuff went on. The most gubu of them all for me was the paedophile priest who built a swimming pool out his back garden in early 1970’s Crumlin. Only young boys were allowed in. No girls. No one asked questions.

Its hard to fathom but that was the Ireland of that time

2 Likes

One paragraph literally follows the other

I was talking about society. I seem to have struck a nerve?

Of course you were, Infowars NI

Absolutely not a hope id send them there. Each to their own though and I get the reasons you gave. I dislike the whole culture and idea of them and feel you are doing a child no favours by giving them such a narrow group of people mix with, really disadvantages them in life I think. It’s wrong but I actually think the reverse snobbery in Ireland is a killer too. You’d almost be on the back foot straight away with most people if you said you went to Blackrock.

We’ll agree to disagree mate. It’s a sad bastard who judges someone by what school they went to past the time they are 19. I dont think irish people are as judgemental as you suggest, except for rural folk who hate all dubs and everything Dublish.

4 Likes

Dublin bastards.

3 Likes

I believe somebody once said the words “Tyrone bastards” on camera, off air.

It’s interesting that this footage is nowhere to be found.

In a completely unrelated aside, Joe Brolly seems to be very litigious.

2 Likes

Im not talking about you. You hate everyone and everything except your dog.

Not far off. Im also glad that Jurgen is a red.

2 Likes

Talkback’s post was about a book, the state, culture and the church. I responded to it by commenting on the general same general subject . You’re suddenly and emotively narrowing this down to a personal attack, involving some bizarre accusation about children , info wars and ‘NI’. I wish you the best of luck unpacking that plethora of issues.
Weird behaviour …

1 Like

1 Like

That’s some take

Appears to be a very different view of abuse victims depending on how wealthy their parents are.

12 Likes

someone pissed off at being called pill hill all those years ago and thought now would be a good time to lower the blade. you may go to fancy schools but you still cant buy class

15 Likes

Socodu schoolgirls certainly seemed to.

2 Likes

Sounds like Roisin burns.

That may be true but it’s the first or second question a lot of private school educated lads ask a stranger.