Blackrock college guyz in Thailand

The triumvirate of SoCoDu questions in full

Where do you live
Where did you go to school
What does your father do

My answers utterly baffled them and caused the person judging algorithm to short out.

13 Likes

These lads operate like masons and it’s passed down from generation to generation. Anyone that attended one of these SoCoDu private schools is guaranteed to get a job in one of big 4 accountancy firms or one of the main law firms after college once the school name is present on a cv. Obviously many of them are deserving and talented sorts but all manner of privileged headbangers are catapulted into these professions.

1 Like

I’ve never read any article by Roisin and at the end of it thought it was of any use.

1 Like

That’s absolutely ridiculous but a perfect example of the type of inverse snobbery I was on about too. ‘d4s’ are the most disliked section of Irish society. Bar travellers obviously

It’s much less of an advantage now. The growth of GAA in SoCoDu is a reflection of the social shift in the professional firms in Dublin.

Ya it must be very hard for the private school boys to get ahead

2 Likes

There’s a potential branch off then of, did you play rugby? What year? We beat ye that year lol

But it is a big part of why some kids are sent there … kids who can’t figure it out for themselves get an automatic lift in certain circles by being associated with the schools and the schools promote that to look after eachother when they go into the working world …

1 Like

Most of these schools have society’s and days every year where young people just finished college from the school get to meet older past students.

They are cunts who like to keep their inner inner circle to themselves.

That being said, Ingles piece is really unnecessary, they got abused for gods sake.

1 Like

Blackrock college and the likes, with their emphasis on classical education, return the likes of @Tim_Riggins … They are training centres for elitism and elitist minsets.

An illness of old Ireland

Eoin O Ta Bhroin Orm is a classic example of it.

The good old days

Private school lads are generally sound. Some roasters are very insecure

Would take huge industry insight to be able firstly make and then stand over that claim. And it’s rotten to the core if true.

Is it genuinely true to your experience?

The stereotypes about Blackrock are massively overstated. There’s no doubt the place produces a higher proportion of cunts than most other schools but the large majority of pupils that go through there are normal decent people.

My brother-in-law and his band of misfit friends went there and you couldn’t come across a group that conformed less to the “rock boys” image.

In truth there are not many non-fee paying options for families in SoCoDu particularly for boys. The clamour to get your kids a place in a school is mental

3 Likes

I definitely worked with shit loads of ex private school/ex big 4 heads in Dublin. Vast majority were as capable as anyone else though tbh. So maybe they got a leg up into the job but it wasn’t from a position of absolute stupidity they were coming from. Lots of them did the Smurfit bus school in UCD for masters as well and I’d say that was a real leg up for your career and it was expensive and not open to anyone who didn’t have access to plenty money

2 Likes

Definitely advantages. Just not heard anyone be as specific to claim it guarantees a job in the top 4 firms who are all in on it.

1 Like

The private school boys are grand, they go on about their secondary school like yanks go on about their college though. It’s very cult like

3 Likes

What about boarders who used to go to Muchins. I know of plenty of total roasters who boarded there. Was Villiers in Limerick the closest we got to a Blackrock college or the likes…