Blow(snowblow)

:clap:

The one in Gorey is called “The Stone Zone”.
Which I thought would’ve perhaps been a good name for some kind of concrete/granite supply outlet.
5 years since I was in one of these places. There’s a new one on Camden Street I might have a look in, see what all the fuss is about.
I’d read that a local dealer went into that Capel Street shop brandishing a firearm to make it known that his business was suffering…

I never understood the point of setting oneself on fire as a protest but everyone to their own.

I never understood the point of setting oneself on fire as a protest but each to their own I suppose.

This was a few weeks ago. And it was a gun.

It looks like Utopia may be gone too. And just two days before Valentine’s Day. Sick.

Firefighters find €500,000 in ‘head shop’ safe
Investigators believe massive blaze was accident

By JIM CUSACK and MAEVE SHEEHAN
Sunday February 14 2010
Almost €500,000 in cash was discovered in a safe by Dublin Fire Brigade in the debris of a burnt-down Capel Street ‘head shop’, according to garda sources.

It is thought the cash was discovered in a basement of the building which was partly demolished after fire raged through it.

The cash was believed to have been the takings from the lucrative trade in so-called legal highs. The money is being held by gardai for “safe keeping” over the weekend until the banks re-open.

Initial investigations into the fire at the shop selling legal highs in Dublin’s Capel Street suggest it was an accident. Jim Bellamy, owner of the shop, called Nirvana, claimed on Friday that the fire was started deliberately as a result of recent publicity about the spread of head shops and the effects the products sold there were having on users’ mental health.

He was not available yesterday to comment on the amount of cash recovered from his premises.

Local residents heard what they said was an explosion at six on Friday morning before fire destroyed the head shop and the adjoining sex shop, which is also owned by Mr Bellamy.

Examination of the scene showed no sign of an explosion and it appeared that an inflammable substance in one of the premises had caused the fire.

Mr Bellamy owns another head shop on South William Street in Dublin but staff there yesterday said he would be making no further comment on the matter. “Newspapers are not welcome here,” the man said.

Mr Bellamy, speaking on radio at the scene of the fire on Friday, said he believed the fire could have been started deliberately because of the widespread publicity and public sentiment expressed against head shops and the products they sell.

He said: “Somebody has taken the law into their own hands by the disgusting media coverage of the last month or so. We have been tried by the media and found guilty and this is the sentence.”

The Government is considering legislation outlawing substances sold legally from head shops, which have sprung up in almost every medium-sized town across the country.

Much of the criticism directed against the shops has resulted from the fact that at least two people have died here from ingesting substances bought legally from the shops. In both cases, the victims had taken ‘magic mushrooms’.

In the case of 33-year-old Colm Hodkinson, he jumped from the balcony of an apartment in Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin, in 2005, while hallucinating.

The other victim, 24-year-old Brian Collins, from Castlebar, Co Mayo died in 2007 from an acute toxic reaction to the chemical amatoxin contained in the product.

This led Health Minister Mary Harney to ban magic mushrooms, though the other head shop products remain legal. Gardai were due to continue their examination the scene today, and Capel Street was not expected to open until tomorrow.

• JIM CUSACK and MAEVE SHEEHAN

Sunday Independent

Is there any particular reason this information is being made public? I’ve never heard of such a statement being made before. More right-wing moralising behind this story it seems.

with the shop gone i’d say a few lads are being found out tonight on such a romantic nite without their portion of Kamagra jelly to keep the rod stiff for the night… :lol:

another shop gone tonight- my first instinct says pissed off dealers but sources close to me say there is more continuity to these fires

the voices in your head ?

the bird that dumped you comes over every tuesday to polish me off

awww poor ncc, his mail order bride left him and now he hasto get a sympathy one by stirring my porridge, she says she doesn’t mind as it only takes 2 secs anyway

Is it an insurance scam?

Heard that aswell.

Did none of the head shop guys watch the Godfather?

ooooooooooooh I see.
freedom fighters?

Apparently the head shops were offered ‘protection’.

Some paid Some didn’t.

Immediate ban for head shop substances
Tuesday, 11 May 2010 13:24
Minister for Health Mary Harney has brought an order to Cabinet to ban with immediate effect a number of substances available in Head Shops.

It follows approval for the measure from the European Commission yesterday.

The new law makes it illegal to sell or buy substances such as Mephedrone, also known Snow or Blow, liquid esctasy and Kettamine.

Advertisement’These substances are dangerous and their sale and promotion have caused huge anxiety to families and communities throughout the country,’ Minister Harney said.

‘Their possession and supply are now illegal and subject to criminal sanction of: up to 7 years imprisonment and/or a fine for unlawful possession, and, on indictment, up to a maximum period of life imprisonment for unlawful supply,’ she said.

Minister Pat Carey, minister with responsibility for the National Drugs Strategy, said the measures will send out a ‘clear message’, especially to young people, about the dangers of psychoactive substances sold through headshops.

Minister Carey said: ‘The controls introduced today constitute a significant measure to tackle the issue of the psychoactive substances currently being supplied here in Ireland via the internet and through headshops.’

He continued: ‘Psychoactive products on sale in Ireland will continue to be monitored and any other products with a detrimental health effect will be added to the list of controlled substances’.

Devastating news. NCC will have to come back off that career break now.

A great day for the drug dealers of Ireland.