Bluffer's Guide to Atletico Madrid

Subs: Zaluska, Paul George, F Twardzik, Matthews, Commons, Wanyama, Bangura.

Iā€™d read George, Twardzik and Toshney travelled but I didnā€™t expect two of them to be on the bench.

Is Majstorovic injured or just that far down the pecking order? Iā€™m guessing McCourt is injured too?

Good to get the youngsters involved but thatā€™s secondary.

As poor as Commons has been this season itā€™s only been a few games and heā€™s a vastly superior left winger to Samaras. I donā€™t have the same rage with Loovens as I have with Majstorovic but I think itā€™s unfair on Mulgrew to constantly move him around the pitch. We need to invest in him as a centre back or we wonā€™t solve our problems there.

Still unreasonably optimistic though.

Atletico:

Courtois;
Perea, GodĆ­n, Miranda, Antonio LĆ³pez;
Koke, Suarez, Gabi;
Diego, Falcao, Arda

A bit of high jinx involving the supporters and police apparently.

Crosas on twitter:

marccrosas [size=3]Marc Crosas Luque[/size]
[size=2]
[/size]

[font=Arial]
Cā€™mon the hoops!!! So glad Loovy is playing again!! (what would you have said if he was the one giving that penalty away in Sionā€¦)[/font]
[font=Arial]
[/font]
[font=Arial]
A dig at Dan I presume. Odd for a recent player.[/font]

I am very much looking forward to this game now. I cannot fucking wait in fact. Letā€™s do ourselves proud bhoys.

Here we go. 'Mon the Celtic.

What an intro from Will Downing. :clap:

Our bhoys look very nervous. Kelvin Wilson looks like he needs a sit down.

No early concession please Celtic.

[quote=ā€œRocko, post: 622769ā€]
Is Majstorovic injured or just that far down the pecking order?[/quote]

He got sent off in the last game. Fool.

Just edited it there.

Need to start brightly obviously but weā€™re already a bit standoffish. Samaras certainly playing deep.

That piece of shit play by Sammy is exactly the kind of sloppiness we can fucking do without.

could be a long night for celtic here

Ah thatā€™s just fucking shit. We had actually done ok for a couple of minutes but thatā€™s dreadful defending of a corner.

What did the lads say about not conceding an early goal?!

Far too easy.

Fuck me.

:angry:

Going out and conceding straight away is becoming routine for us away from home.

Whatā€™s the phrase? Self fulfilling prophecy?

Not sure why Little keeps calling Falcao Lopez - itā€™s not part of his name.

Am I right in saying it was Loovens who was beaten for the first goal? I wonder could we have done better on the line too - it wasnā€™t a bullet header.

Hooper had a great opening after a minute, one minute later weā€™re one down.