Bookmakers and general Money Laundering on the Dark Web

Personally I think he wants to go to jail and is using it as an excuse. His sleeping rough and struggling, a jail cell and 3 meals and a TV might be a better option for him.

If he won a fortune there would be no bother at all.

Unfortunately, lads in these scenarios rarely win. And if they do they give it back as quick or squander it on something else. Bookies taking money from people in situations like this is just a form of legalised robbery.

2 Likes

@mac got there before me, this chap could never have won, gambling is a scourge, grand if you can have a bet for a bit of fun but PaddyPower and their competition are the worst type of leeches, Iā€™d like to shake that mans hand and hope he gets all the help he needs

Have you ever seen the ads particularly on daytime TV? All these bingo and lottery ads.
Between that and saving every wildlife creature on the planet for "just Ā£3 a month " thereā€™s some poor fuckers out there who wonā€™t have a penny left from whatever former of income they have

Iā€™d say youā€™re seeing them as your watching the IPTV and the feed is coming from the UK.

In the UK it seems that the legislation around gambling adverts seems to be a lot more lenient compared to Ireland. The UK television channels are overtaken with gambling adverts.

Itā€™s unreal. Thereā€™s a couple of ad breaks there, Iā€™d say if you were to sign up to them all, youā€™d part with a couple of hundred notes a month

Ads in the shop window of bar one bookies suggesting a gift voucher is the perfect Fatherā€™s Day present, absolute scum

Daytime TV ads are dirt cheap. Degenerates in Ireland go to the pub. Degenerates in the UK sit at home and watch Jeremy Kyle.

Iā€™ve plenty of vices in my life but I havenā€™t set foot in a bookies in 35 odd years when the grand national was still a big thing and I think then twas for my grandfather

You knew his grandfather?

1 Like

They share a grandfather?

Granda often talked about the little boy from Kilkenny whoā€™d jog up to the Turf accountants for a hairy bullseye sweet.

Thanks @Mac. Havenā€™t had a bet of any sort in 2 weeks. As an asideā€¦ internet gambling seems to be banned in France.

1 Like

Theyā€™ve the Irish apps blocked. Very annoying at the arc. You get a work around but have to have it in place before you leave Ireland.

Itā€™s highly taxed so is barely worthwhile for any operator to do it legally.

I was at home for a day midweek recently. I very nearly ended up buying funeral insurance.

Did you claim back the PPI you were missold?

3 Likes

What happens here? Had the money withdrawn/re-invested before this came to light