Bookmakers and general Money Laundering on the Dark Web

His account is always suspended. Heā€™s usually back a day before heā€™s gone again. He give Emmet Kennedy awful abuse.

No idea. He was moaning about one of there golf tipsters saying he was a fraud and this sort of thing. Then his account was shut. He threw up the email saying that heā€™d over 27k profit since opening the account but it was closed for reckless gambling.

I know one or two that worked for matchbook and they were absolute cunts. Nothing would surprise me

Sounds like an alright sort

His online persona is very amusing

Who was that now?

Regarding the betfair commission, no brainer pick the 2% package. What would it have been before to all normal folk? I assume a bit higher?

His twitter account is suspended mow again

why would anyone even consider this is beyond me. 8% commision! and they give you back 10% of your losses!

A quick back of the fag packet calculation tells me youā€™d actually be better off on the 8% commission if you are a punter who loses more than 70% of bets, assuming even money stakes and giving no monetary value to any of the perks.

Above that win rate the 2% commission is obviously much better.

At no point is 5% commission structure better for the punter, either winner or loser.

Not sure how it would hold up beyond even money stakes, I donā€™t think it would make a massive difference overall assuming the same win rate.

Of course if you are losing 70% of even money bets you place, you really should stop gambling because you arenā€™t very good at it.

Most of the big gamblers on the exchange would chop their hands off for 2 percent. Any small time Punter should be given no commission. Betfair would make more in the long run.

Would there be much small fry left on the exchanges? I rarely use it these days

It would encourage them at least to play on it.

The big punters were on 2% more or less anyway werenā€™t they? I presume volumes must be falling for them to offer it to everyone

Iā€™m not positive but a lot of the professionals set up there own books or run private tipping services to avoid charges I believe. Two of my friends are at it. One sends out an email of tips every day and the other lad set up his own book and takes bets on various sports just to avoid charges.

Betdaq are using 2% for ages but anytime that i ever look there isnā€™t much volume. I use Betfair primarily these days and my commission was about 4% or so. it use to be a bit lower years ago but they changed commission scales a while back. At one time there used to be a fair overnight market but that is now ruined mainly due to the bots arbing with the bookies.

1 Like

Went in to back Borelli @ 4/1 in a Boyles in Cork and it was rang up :rofl:

Boyles won this timeā€¦

Might aswell close the doors if this comes in

I wonder how much is paid in rates by bookies to local authorities every year? Who would fill that void if they shut their doors?

There seems to be an unlimited market for coffee shops