Bookmakers and general Money Laundering on the Dark Web

ah here - bad and all as bookmakers are they cant be blamed for this degenerate - the cunt ruined peoples lives
hope he is chased for every debt he has - unlike high profile GAA players tho he’ll have to pay it himslef - nobody should buy the cunts book

He got plenty of money from his book to pay off his debts.

My own view is that it should be illegal for a bookmaker to take a bet they won’t pay out on.

So if a degenerate €5 accum would pay more than their limits they should only take a bet of say €3.50 or whatever.

For the likes of say a €2 lucky 15, and the accum breaks the limits, the amount leftover should be distributed back down over the lower bets, so say €2.05 on every bet and only €1.30 on the accum.

Wouldn’t be long softening the cunts cough if they were losing mug money as well as the smart stuff.

4 Likes

I dont know any other industry where you would be allowed charge for something you were never going to provide to the customer. Voiding winning bets due to time of placing etc too. That’s a systems issue at their end, not the customers.

2 Likes

Some regulation is long overdue, the cunts can do as they please and have the best of all scenarios.

2 Likes

id be surprised if he saw any of it.

I think SkyBet actually flag this.

About time there was some clamping down on this. Advertising needs to be restricted too.

1 Like

They’re both to blame, but if you read the book you’ll see that they knew he wasn’t betting his own money, they knew his job and where he lived so they knew he wasn’t a high roller, also they kept incentivising him with free bets and tickets for big events etc… even when he had self excluded and was in treatment, they’re scumbags!!

When Paddy Power himself is ringing you up to let you know a number you can get your bets on through, there should be fuckin sirens blaring in your head, never mind alarms.

They close winning accounts fairly lively by the accounts on here

1 Like

What sort of a bookmaker do they think they are if they won’t accept a few bets on a fixed tennis match :hot_face:

2 Likes

yeah - he was stealing
look the gambling industry is huge - their prerogative as an organisation is to maximize profit- you partake at your own free will- look i get the whole moral side of it but since when does any corporation have a duty of care to its customers?

advertising should be allowed only after the 9pm time or whatnot
watching any sport on BT is ridiculous with the amount of B365 ads
look it dosent impact us yeah - but our kids are seeing it and it is been normalised -
and yes i know as kids we were also exposed to gambling but nothing like today …

also they can sponsor teams all they want but a jersey cannot be sold with a betting logo on the front

2 Likes

Agreed. Also the tone of the ads - blokish, harmless fun - should be looked at.

On a Tagent it is interesting to see new James Bond ad for Heineken 0.0. They are allowed to make drinking beer (non alcohol) look cool the way they cannot for alcoholic beer but it has to still benefit the Heineken brand.

1 Like

The F1 ad for 0.0 is the same.No harm i suppose.

No harm. I think beer companies are predicting huge growth in alcohol free beer drinking over next ten years. Good to normalise it

I love a can of raddler me… Just 2% cent…

Correct. People have to get away from this auld shite of thinking your sick or something if your not drinking.Normalising goin to the pub and not getting pissed needs to be applauded

2 Likes

Carlsberg are releasing a 0% beer too which I’ve seen ads for. Seems all the big brands are on the bandwagon of it. Its a pity most pubs charge a similar price for non-alcoholic beer as they do normal beer since I presume its cheaper to produce.

1 Like