Bookmakers and general Money Laundering on the Dark Web

1 Like

This will have many applications in the field @Copper_pipe

1 Like

I won’t go through as many phones now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Anyone with a skybet account know if they allow paypal as a payment method?

Yep they do.

1 Like

Are they the new affordability rules they are bringing in in the UK?

Don’t think them checks are in place yet.

British betting regulator the Gambling Commission is proposing that gaming companies carry out mandatory affordability checks on customers who lose £100 (€113.96) or more a month, to limit harm, sparking heated debate with the industry.

Sporting Index is spread betting. You need to jump through more hoops for that.

1 Like

Are these proposed new rules applicable to UK based punters only or applicable to any customers of UK based bookies? Will be some stones if it comes in

1 Like

How could yer man be having a Yankee on spreadbetting?

They’re primarily spread betting. I think they do some fixed odds too.

But I imagine the process to get in the door is the same.

1 Like

I find these numbers to be absolutely staggering. Nearly 80 percent of the money bet is done in play? I presume horse racing is only a tiny percent of this surely?

2 Likes

I’d say for them in particular horse racing is a very small part of their turnover.
They’ve a market in every sport you can imagine, its some operation

Yes it must be tiny. my account was clamped over Viking hoard finishing second in a race.

I know a few lads place bets on obscure markets for a time before backing horses with them too to try and keep them open longer.

If you’re looking to bet on the non mainstream markets then the limits in play are a lot better than pre game.

2 Likes

the FAI need to step up here and demand the bulk of betting tax in Ireland

Really? Isn’t that unusual? The in play markets on the exchange are dead.

That could have been you Ivan Yates

Yeah my man would often hold the line on Basketball bets etc. If he’s told to be -5.5 for example. 3 or 4 lads getting on will move the line pre game. Wait till it goes in play then get on.