Bookmakers and general Money Laundering on the Dark Web

It’s Counted as a cross with pp.

They all use the same crowd to settle those bets.
They don’t have their own person doing it.

I’ve had bets readjusted the other way too in fairness to PP. Someone got awarded a shot on target a few hours after the game and my bet was in.

Was there anything said about bookmakers opening for Cheltenham?

Id be surprised if they were deemed necessary

I thought all retail was opening no?

The initial focus will be on schools and construction.

It really is hard to say / know where main street shops will be in the relaxing of restrictions at this stage.

They will most likelu relax a couple of other elements around travel. Make no mistake they have to open up the country from April onwards to a large degree…otherwise our problems will be much much worse over a longer term.

1 Like
4 Likes

Oh Clinton :see_no_evil:

Don’t think that’s the Boyles chat? I’d say it’s a spoof.

Is this fella mad to be looking to get into on course bookmaking and buy up pitches? I see no one else doing it, most folk are running the other way. I heard him on a podcast saying he was a compiler at PP but it was too boring so he gave it up to punt from home. Anyone know roughly what it would cost to buy a pitch at a good course and/or a small regional course?

Wonder is he hoping to buy them up on the cheap now
Seems bit odd

I wonder do on course pitches bypass the regulations regarding money laundering etc.

At the moment theres lads in their 70s who’d happily give them away for free I’d say. If SP stays with industry pricing then bookies aren’t needed. Courses have been slowly making it more difficult for them and when things reopen I can imagine only half the number will be bothered.

So yes, yer man seems a bit crazy

There’s no KYC obviously but you have to submit full takings after every race and if your income was drastically up compared to other bookies on the course it would send red flags off every where

I really miss Saturday and heading in to boylesports for the machine coffee and digested biscuits and loading the machine up with a few fifty euro notes to make a heap of accas in Israel, Serbia or Greece.
is there any chance I wonder they could install these outside the shop like say an atm and fellas could q up and work away?

2 Likes

The punters at your average midweek regional meeting then are pensioners many of whom wouldn’t bet online like the crowd coming after them. Then you’ve the issue of we are nearly heading into a cashless society. Hard to see how things will be any better in the next five or ten years for on course bookies.

2 Likes

He seems to be specifically picking tracks that have good summer festivals where many spectators are not really Racing people at all so wouldn’t have online accounts.

Paddy Power parent Flutter Entertainment to ban credit card betting in Ireland

Flutter Entertainment, owner of Paddy Power, Betfair and Sky Bet franchises, will ban credit card betting in Ireland from the beginning of April.

The move, which has already been made in Britain, comes before government plans to establish a gambling regulator. Flutter will also stop “whistle to whistle” advertising for sports events broadcast live on Irish TV before the watershed of 9pm.

Only “single digit per cent” of Flutter customers use credit cards to bet online, according to Conor Grant, chief executive for Flutter UK and Ireland.

Research in the UK has shown, however, that 22 per cent of online gamblers using credit cards are problem gamblers.

Grant says Flutter will also increase its contribution to safe gambling charities to 1 per cent of net gambling revenues in Ireland by 2023, which will be worth €3 million. The money supports “the research, education and treatment of harmful gambling”. The company will donate €1.25 million this year.

Grant says Flutter fully supports the proposal in the programme for government to introduce a gambling regulator, but decided to move ahead with the measures as part of its safe gambling programme.

Flutter uses predictive models to monitor harmful gambling behaviour. Across Paddy Power and Betfair brands in Ireland, 8,227 customers receive “safer gambling messages” per month; 157 are contacted for “a safer gambling interaction”. It restricts 85 accounts on average each month in Ireland for “non-successful completion” of a safer gambling interaction, applying mandatory deposit limits or suspending accounts.

The UK gambling commission, founded in 2007, is considering possible “affordability checks” on punters.