Bookmakers and general Money Laundering on the Dark Web

Indeed. Itā€™s a pet hate of mine to go to a race meeting and nobody takes an opinion anymore. Theyā€™re all 7/1, 15/2 or 8/1 on one horse and everybody is the same price on the favorite, say 15/8 or 7/4. Whereā€™s the guy that goes 10/1 on the first horse or 9/4 on the second horse because he rates them at those prices on the tissue heā€™s done the night before? You can be sure that 15/8 horse is trading 3.10 on the machine anyway. Just put up 9/4 and youā€™ll take all the turnover.

I was at Clonmel last week as I mentioned and I put on two bets in total. In both cases there was one bookie offering about 2pts higher than the rest on those two horses so naturally I went to him. He was White from Kildare. There were a few other lads in line to bet the same horses with him at the same time, because he was the only fella in the ring offering 14/1 or whatever it was. Both horses lost as it transpired so he was rewarded and the rest of them didnā€™t get my money (or a few other lads). Thatā€™s bookmaking in my opinion.

You hear the bookies on course now saying ā€œOh youā€™ll lose your shirt now if you put your head above the parapet and go against the grainā€ but thatā€™s bollocks in my opinion as it worked for Freddie Williams to name one. I would love to take out a bookies license and do it my way but I am in too safe a position to do so and anyway whenever I go to certain tracks I just donā€™t see enough people punting to make it profitable but it is certainly in the back of my mind.

5 Likes

The exchanges have ruined the game.

Lads wont take an opinion anymore as some lad will just arb off them.

Exactly.

I love the way some lads at the track have their good looking daughter out front to coax the punters in

1 Like

Are there really sad acts going to tracks around Ireland to put ā‚¬500 on a 6/4 shot with the bookie thats 2.46 to lay back on the machine? I donā€™t know. I mean by the time the bet is struck with the bookie that 2.46 might now be 2.52. I just find that argument bollocks, but itā€™s well trotted out, and maybe Iā€™m wrong

Sure the fella thatā€™s laying fallers.

More like a lad backing at 10s and laying back at shorter. Not much arbing taking place at 6-4 or less.

Fair enough so youā€™re saying a lad has ā‚¬100 on a 10/1 shot with the bookie thatā€™s 9.50 on the machine. But I think if that happens once youā€™ve identified the arber, and heā€™ll be well known on track, and you will refuse his business in future. 99% of fellas betting on track arenā€™t into that craic of laying that bet back on his phone at a shorter price. But yet all the bookies are beholden to it.

Thereā€™s a serious blondey one goes around to most of the Munster tracks at least. I think sheā€™s a Desmond? @anon32894817 might know?

Flesh that out.

He Lays horse after they fall and makes a pound due to the delay on t.v.

Unrelated lads but the stats on PP are on the fritz for me. Wont load on phone or laptop. Anyone experience this/know what to do?

Is this the fella goes to every race meeting and has a thing in his ear? Always looking into his phone, early 40s, from Dublin?

Normally up the back of stand. Think he made a lot on that Jones horse that fell at limerick last year on Munster national day.

She is. Nice hole on her.

Weā€™re thinking of different fellas so Iā€™d say. The fella youā€™re thinking of would he always be in the betting ring as well before a race before retreating into the stands? Heā€™d be talking to a fella in his ear or at least listening to something. I donā€™t really see him betting with the bookies too often mind despite heā€™s at every meeting but he must be doing so occasionally. Iā€™m sure he bets in running.

Thereā€™s another fella with glasses Iā€™ve seen him up in the stand or across from finishing line with a laptop and he must be laying horses that fall or alternatively backing horses to win after they cross the line.

Stadium clock would have it. Iā€™m sure they will get the correct time with all the smart phones out there.

Looks like Skybet are trying to be awkward with punters tonight over a certain bet on the Wolves vs Liverpool gameā€¦

What bet