Bosnia v Ireland & Ireland v Bosnia

Have to say I like Randolph in goal, shows assurance and gives confidence to the defence.

3 Likes

Sid wanted Brady off at half time.

Lolz. You’re drunk.

Get in Robbie…feck the panel…what do them cunts know :slight_smile:

5 Likes

“John Walters needs service. Like a man sitting at a table. Wes Hoolahan is the waitor.” Eamon Dunphy. :clap:

3 Likes

Keogh looks about 42.

That rotten lickspittle cunt Tony O’Donoghue: “Appreciate it. I really appreciate it.”

Fine result and a good performance, albeit against a very poor Bosnia. Expected much more from them.
You’d still be very nervous about Monday though.

Delighted that Keogh got motm, thought Whelan and McCarthy had huge games in front of himself and Clark given the occasion.

Robbie Brady take a bow, that goal wasn’t half replayed enough on RTE. Stroke of genius :ronnyroar:

Roll on Monday night, I can’t wait. Would have bit the hand off anyone giving 1-1 with the away goal heading to the aviva, delighted.

Even if they held on they wouldn’t have Sid

No. Just have no time for someone trying to be a smart cunt after that. Belittling ireland ’ s performances may be great sport round here but I’m not into it.

7 Likes

Get onto Ewan on Twitter and troll the fuck out of him, so.

Nah, you’ll do. One needy try-hard a night is enough for me.

1 Like

Stop trying, then, mate.

Will anyone actually want to go to France next summer.

1 Like

It’s great Norn Iron are going anyway. And Sid.

1 Like

Nobody ever goes to New York any more since 2001. Place is like a ghost town, I hear.

Solid performance. Defensively we were good with four lads at back plus Randolph all playing well. Not sure I’d bring in O’Shea if fit though big ask for Ward/Clark to play two games in four days. Walters returning is big. Expect more from Bosnia in second leg though. Is their EPL lad who is returning much use?

Thought the opposite. Whelan had a dreadful 1st half and handed them a few chances.

McCarthy was non-existent. Now i realise they had roles to play, and thats fine, but that does not mean your effort, touch, tackling and devision making should go to pot just because you are lying deep.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post:358, topic:21358, full:true”].

Thought the opposite. Whelan had a dreadful 1st half and handed them a few chances.

McCarthy was non-existent. Now i realise they had roles to play, and thats fine, but that does not mean your effort, touch, tackling and devision making should go to pot just because you are lying deep.
[/quote]
Whelan was definitely poor in the first half but he improved as it went on. McCarthy had a few good pressing moments but to be honest it was next to impossible to say who did what in the second half. But, while we defended well, we didn’t have to do too much desperate stuff and the midfield screeners must have been a big part of that.

I wouldn’t bring O’Shea back either. I think I’d go Wilson left back (though I think he’s an accident waiting to happen) if Ward isn’t up to it. Ward and Hoolahan coming off should give them a chance of playing on Monday. Walters is a big boost. Do we think he’ll play up top?