Bosnia v Ireland & Ireland v Bosnia

Yes their placement certainly helped. Technically though Whelan in particular could have cost us dear. The Bosnians didn’t seem to turn up to a large degree, not sure if the occassion got to them.

Without having great knowledge of them i got the impression they have more to give and maybe with the shackles off and needing a goal they’ll be more fluid in Dublin.

Brady is really turning out to be a gem. Can play in several positions, mostly down to him being just a very good player. I realise he was highly rated most of his life, but he seems to flourish for Ireland.

The fact is Bosnia are a poor side (their group outside of Belgium was shit) We scrapped it out in the toughest group and as a group our lads are happy to slog for results and grind it out which id fancy us to do again Monday night with a scoreless nervy draw.

Reflecting on last nights action this morning, that was the best second half performance I’ve seen from an Irish team in decades.

1 Like

You done well to see it.

1 Like

Whelan had a mediocre 1st half, but still defended well. McCarthy was excellent throughout, that langer hasn’t a fucking notion what he’s typing unless that whole post was a spelling mistake?

I respond well in foggy conditions.

3 Likes

we were also missing 1/3 of our team against a team ranked a lot higher than us

1 Like

1 Like

I think we have them.

5 Likes

+1
Bullet proof vests at the ready for next Summer.

You have a funny idea of defending well if losing the ball and allowing the oplositii to attack is the standard.
McCarthy was nob-existent for a huge part of the game.

Considering we have a defence containing the possible bombscares of Clarke/O Shea/Ward/Wilson and the danger that Pjanic and Dzeko bring, I truly admire your confidence. One simple slip up and we are in the shit. I’m hopeful at best.

Think Wilson has to come in for Ward. Ward was getting beaten all night and could have been sent off. I’d leave the centre half partnership the same

1 Like

I always felt that John O’Shea completely abdicates responsibility on the ball and said as much a few times in games under Trap when he used to just get it and lump it aimlessly forward every time he would get it and very seldom engage his central midfield.

We had two centre halves who are technically limited yet they consistently looked to use the ball positively last night when they had time, Keogh in particular picked a couple of lovely passes into midfield, they were also fairly comfortable keeping it between themselves. I would have serious reservations about bringing O’Shea back in. His limitations on the ball hold us back and he is a rather rash defender who has rode his luck a good bit over the past few years pulling and dragging in his own box

6 Likes

International football. :ronnyroar: :clap:

1 Like

How are Northern Ireland born and bred Marc Wilson and James McLean allowed play for Eire?

Mate, you are phoning it in these days.
Fuck sake, but that is the weakest effort I’ve ever seen from you. Very disappointing.

5 Likes

He’s a tedious cunt in all his guises.

5 Likes

:grinning:

not much left in the locker if it comes down to this

6 Likes

Ah for fuck sake.