Bosnia v Ireland & Ireland v Bosnia

A pitiful attempt.

Must try harder Geoff.

Where is the meet up Monday Pals?

Agree with your points. Clark was as good as I’ve seen him and Keogh was solid too.

What team selection would you go for on Monday?

Play O’Shea left back

Heading to my first ever game in the aviva and my first ever irish soccer game. Can’t wait.

2 Likes

As a man or a woman?

as a republic of ireland fan

Far too slow to play there now.

1 Like
        Randolph

Coleman O’Shea Clark Wilson
Mccarthy Whelan Hendrick Brady
Hoolahan
Walters

1 Like

I think O’Squeal and his inate conservativeness will bottle it and play Brady left back with Walters coming into midfield

Very high possibility of that I would say, He should think about starting mcLean as he is a good counter option.

Has Long any chance of making it?

The O Squeal stuff is growing fairly tiring at this stage.

I don’t think so.

O Neill is solid first and foremost. As such the last thing he should do is let mcclean near the starting team. McClean is a liability in general. His only use is as a change of tactic in the second. Bring him on let him foul people, run the ball out of play etc. I think he’ll shy away from Brady there too. It’ll be ward I think, or failing that Wilson.

1 Like

I concur.

I also don’t think playing Brady left back is necessarily conservative. I think the players most likely to lose out are Ward, Hoolahan and Murphy. None of those were great in the first leg. Walters can more directly replace Hoolahan or Murphy so I think that’s most likely. Wilson is probably our most likely left back if Ward is dropped. I don’t think I could argue vehemently one way or the other about playing Brady there though.

1 Like

John O’Shea and Shane Long were both involved in “early part of training” this morning according to Dan McDonnell on twitter.

4 Likes

Gary Kelly and McAteer on Goals on Sunday.

Are there many international football managers paid more than the €1.2 million a year that O’Neill is reputedly on?

Yes.