Bosnia v Ireland & Ireland v Bosnia

I don’t concur. I think Hendrick is going well in that narrow wide role and we almost end up with a 3 in the midfield which is useful. If it comes down to Whelan v Ward v Wilson then I won’t argue with Whelan. Gives us a fairly attacking look anyway with Murphy, Walters and Hoolahan all starting.

3 Likes

I concur with Rocko’s lack of concurrence.

Slab and Whacker will soften these fuckers up good and proper.

1 Like

Houlahan isnt all that suited to a wide role, which Brady is far more effective at. Walters was always going to start on the right and rightly so. Management have made the easy call as opposed to the right call. McCarthy should be the holding midfielder where he excelled v Germany with Hendrick in the shuttling/pressing role with Wes ahead of them. Instead the conservative call has been made to accommodate Whelan.

Big statement, a contradiction almost, - but I can see what you’re gettimg at.

Really think we need Brady in midfield rather than in defence

Sensible team selection that.

Great to see Slab and Johnny Walters on the front line. We’ll be just fine.

I think the difference in a defensive sense between Ward, Brady and Wilson is nominal, all three are average defenders at best. Brady offers us a hell of a lot in midfield with his energy and technical ability though and is needed in midfield IMHO

1 Like

Into PP and through 20 on hendrick first goal scorer

Ibisevic dropped. Dzeko up top on his own, assume Pjanic will play further forward

But Hoolahan won’t be wide will he? Walters and Hendrick will be right and left I assumed.

I I I R A.

Hope Martin has the tracksuit on tonight.

O’Neill despises Tony O’Donoghue.

1 Like

Agree rating

You have shown your true colours tonight. Backing Glenn Whelan over a fellow Fingalian in Stephen Ward. How can you live with the shame?

I assume Ward isn’t fit enough to start. If he was, then I’d like him picked.

The midfield setup against Germany worked well but we benefited from them not having a full back threat, as well as their wasteful wing play. We weren’t much off that level on Friday. I wouldn’t have had a problem with us picking that side again. But Whelan played well the other night and he has an understanding with McCarthy that I wouldn’t cast aside for the sake of it either.

Robbie!

:ronnyroar:

2 Likes

Robbie. :ronnyroar:

1 Like

Their back 4 looks a bit better. That centre back who got dropped wasn’t up to much I didn’t think - he nearly got caught out early on and he was crap for Brady’s goal. Kolasnic isn’t a bad player to bring in.

Giles blaming McCarthy for not getting a pass, despite the fact he’s clearly showing for it and is pointing to his feet where he wants it. I think he’s had games where he hides but the example he picked was rotten. When Hoolahan passes backwards, it’s Whelan and McCarthy’s fault. When they pass it backwards they’re not ambitious enough.

1 Like