Bosnia v Ireland & Ireland v Bosnia

What a touch from Slab there relieving the pressure.

1 Like

McClean and Long could make a lot of hay here in the last 30 as out balls. Bosnian defence looks to be all over the shop

1 Like

#wellhappywiththat

Bosnia are gone.

We have these cunts.

1 Like

I didn’t like Ronnie Whelan saying that the Eire players should be looking to get Spahic sent off.

What ever happened the Corinthian spirit in British football?

Lovely half of football.

I think that was very impressive. Got about them early, got them nervous, get a decent tempo when we were on top, got our goal, dropped into position well when we didn’t have the ball. They had a few spells (one near the start, a longer one after our goal) where they were well on top but they had that volley from the Dzeko knock down and not a lot else at all to show for their efforts.

Hope Long is able to contribute at some stage. Murphy and Walters are doing fine but they don’t have his energy. Could see Long getting Spahic sent off he gets harrassing him. Although Slab and Walters are putting themselves about when they have the ball, I’m not sure either has been a great attacking option. Walters doing a little bit better in that respect but they’re not as aggressive and all-action as they sometimes are.

Back 4 have been really solid. Brady has been strong in the tackle, Coleman composed, centre backs both doing well but both fairly poor with the ball. At least they aren’t taking chances. McCarthy and Whelan have been quiet but you see their value when Bosnia had all that possession and couldn’t work the ball into the box or even into a shooting position from distance. Hendrick has added a bit more going forward and an important part of the defensive effort.

Wes has been decent enough. Few nice little interventions and he’s put himself about a bit better than he did than on Friday.

3 Likes

I think it was Hendrick who lost their #8 for that half chance on the Dzeko nod down. That’s what we need to be careful of with our defending. We’ve got back into position to try and slow them down and keep them in front of us but they’re not afraid to go direct or to bypass our midfielder, and in Pjanic they have someone who can do that. We need to keep tracking any runners they get from midfield and not just settle into our banks of 4.

I said penalties beforehand and I still think there’s a pretty decent chance that’s how it’ll end up.

Lot of football to be played yet and if Eire don’t score again by 60 minutes you have to imagine it’ll be a case of hanging on from there.

Do we know if away goals are standard or extra in the event of extra time?

Away goals count DOUBLE in extra time.

@Funtime is the man to ask

1 Like

Excellent stuff so far. We’ve been positive and worked the ball fairly well in the final third. Will get very nervy soon without a second goal. We have the freedom hating cunts where we want them at the moment though, let’s finish them off.

They were fairly rattled after our goal, pity we couldn’t get a second then. Don’t know if we can keep them from scoring.

That #2 wasn’t great tonight but he was the best player on the pitch in the first half on Friday night. He might be defensive minded but happy enough to see him coming off.

@Rocko, is @Funtime at the game? Mrs DB thought she heard him during the minute’s noise pre kick off

Brady has the look in his eyes of a man off his game on Speed.

Glen Whelan having a fine game so far.

1 Like

Shit, 40 more minutes of this.

Too much fuckacting with posession now.