Bosnia v Ireland & Ireland v Bosnia

Myler will be on that plane. If fit.

What a brilliant night a superb performance from every player,that centre half partnership should be built on now imagine how many dangerous free kicks the Bosnians would have had if O’Shea was playing! Delighted to get there time to start saving now.Jon Walters is a legend!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liyiT_DGREA

I guess the likes of Judge has a shot too. January moves are crucial for Randolph, Ward and McGeady. Can see the 3 keepers all battling to join some League 2 side to get a few games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMGuIZ4-3Ew

I am overjoyed to give this post its 10th like, I fucking love that man. Lads I love you all. What a time to be alive. Thank you John Delaney!

1 Like

5 Likes

1 Like

https://twitter.com/jamesmcc14/status/666392188322975744

9 Likes

How did Art Foley get in there?

3 Likes

A terrific night for association football. A dark summer for the gga ahead. Now is not the time to be vindictive but I hope the egg chasing West Brit rogbee fans and the anti immigrant sectarian gga scum are watching.
On behalf of all those involved at grass roots (big shout out to the selfish giant here) this is a victory for those of us who have resisted taking the soup of rogbee or had to listen to rte muldoons banging on about gga. For all the suffering we have endured to be vindicated tonight:
je suis Jonathan Walters

1 Like

Just back from Aviva Stadium.

A tremendous night for Ireland and it was thoroughly deserved.

I said we had them after Friday night as you could sense they didn’t have the stomach for it. Same thing tonight and I was delighted with our balanced (copyright @Rocko) approach. We went after them with decent intent early on and deserved the lead, albeit I didn’t think it was a penalty.

But we didn’t over-commit or become too reckless. We maintained a really good defensive shape throughout and it seems players are now genuinely comfortable in their team roles. Hendrick played that shuttling role narrow on the left very well in the first half and Whelan and McCarthy prevented them from playing through us and working (m)any decent openings.

Hoolahan also put in a great effort when he was on. He had some really nice link ups and deft passes but his pressing from the front in combination with the tireless Slab and Walters had them totally panicked at the back - Begovic nearly careered a clearance off him back into the goal.

Robbie Brady baby. What a display both in an attacking and defensive sense :clap:

Coleman wasn’t as influential going forward - Lazio’s Lulic seemed to have been tasked to stop him overlapping in both legs - but he was really solid at the back. The two centre backs were a revelation over the tie. Very, very good the pair of them - controlled, aggressive, commanding, decisive. Excellent.

Agree with the praise of Glenn Whelan tonight - he was terrific in his role. James McCarthy was quality too. He hounded the fuck out of their midfield all night and broke forward well on a few occasions too.

Walters is just terrific. He’s got a brilliant attitude, works incredibly hard for the team nearly always makes the right decision with the ball. He’s strong, resilient and tough too.

I predicted 2-0 this morning and I’ve had this growing feeling, as mentioned before, that since O’Neill went back to wearing a tracksuit he’s been reborn and is like a version of his Celtic self. I had visions of a Celtic 2-0 Lyon type performance when I went for the 2-0 but it wasn’t as freeflowing as that. It was full of discipline and determination with a sprinkling of skill thrown in. Robbie Brady’s ball for the second goal was divine.

As an aside, James McClean’s cameo was appalling. He was all over the place and committed about 8 fouls - probably about 5 less than that Spahic chap overall though.

Smashing atmosphere and wonderful scenes at the end. I wonder did the Bosnians booing the minute silence subconsciously seep into the officials’ minds and result in us getting the penalty.

Anyway, I’m rambling now.

Cmmmmmmaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn. :ronnyroar:

Edit: Darren Randolph has been top class since getting his chance too. Really authoritative presence and very reliable and composed.

8 Likes

What a night for the Home Nations.

Four out of the five have qualified for the European Championship.

British football is back on top.

Who would make your hypothetical composite British Lions Test team for the finals?

My provisional team (and first replacements) as of 16/11/15 would be:

Hart (England) - Forster (England)
Clyne (England) - Coleman (Eire)
Stones (England) - Jones (England)
Cahill (England) - Smalling (England)
Gibbs (England) - Baines (England)
Oxlade-Chamberlain (England) - Walters (England)
Ramsey (Wales) - Grealish (England)
Davis (Ireland) - Henderson (England)
Bale (Wales) - Sterling (England)
Rooney (England) - Kane (England)
Lafferty (Ireland) - Sturridge (England)

Manager: O’Neill (Ireland)

A team and squad to show that a Brexit will be much easier to achieve in politics than it will in association football.

Jesus, man. Just stop.

14 Likes

The boys from Free Derry.

7 Likes

I think the forum has been a bit short in recognising McCarthy’s improvement since the Scotland game. He has been excellent. McClean, while a national treasure, was an absolute bombscare tonight.

6 Likes

In the unlikely event that Slovenia overturn the 2 goal deficit against Ukraine tomorrow night, we’d be in Pot 3 instead of 4 for the Finals draw.

Cough…

Do Denmark not have to beat Sweden too for this to happen?

You’re not singing anymore was utter cringe… The Bosnians were decent sorts and the hardcore stayed on to applaude Ireland at the end.

2 Likes