Bosnia v Ireland & Ireland v Bosnia

I was wrong, apologies. We’re 4th seeds regardless. Seems as if counting to 6 is a struggle for me now…

Your man Quinn the little red haired centre midfielder will surely come into the reckoning too though i don’t rate him much. But yeah that seems the most likely pool of players we’ll select from. The Doyle guy you mention, not sure if that is Kevin Doyle or some other one that i’m not recalling at this time? Don’t think Kevin Doyle has a prayer myself. McGeady is no shoo-in either.

What about the lad Shane Duffy could he get a shout? Was he in the squad tonight, just that i see him in that photo with McLean and Gibson? Is Duffy getting game time somewhere? Are Clark, Gibson and Whelan for that matter getting game time?

Given?

One more thing, could someone come out of the woodwork now with an Irish granny to get a late call up i wonder… Stranger things have happened.

1 Like

Blackburn.

Ireland… First goal scorer, the gift that keeps on given

6 Likes

Boyles had him at 8s Pre game. Had a nice €20 on it.

3 Likes

What a night.

Pints, qualification, a sneaky tenner on Walters first goal at 7’s and mixing with forum royalty in @Rintintin

Doesn’t get better than this.

7 Likes

This is football country.

4 Likes

Yep Quinn and Duffy both have a chance. Especially Quinn.

Ah lads, I’m tremendously happy right now. I’ll leave it at that.

4 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRbbREjcv1E

3 Likes

I’d like to see Bamford approached. He’s already played underage for us iirc.

And Christ we really need a B international.

Just in the door from the Aviva.

Player ratings- 10 all round.

Up the ra.

7 Likes

It died with Terry Butcher and Terry Fenwick.

I was mystified by that. Against Germany he shot the milisecond he had the ball under control, here he looked like he hadn’t a fucking clue what he was meant to do with it, should have been a goal.

You do know that most of us who support the Irish football team, are also fanatical GAA supporters?

1 Like

That was a magnificent display by Ireland. This group is developing into something approaching a team. Some players have stood up and really cemented places over the last few games. Keogh and the outstanding Clark in central defence, Robbie Brady (though I’d play him in midfied and tell him never to go near a placed ball again), Hendrick who I think was imperious, McCarthy, a player who can start to dictate games now. Whelan, god love him, I agree with @rocko 's assessment that he has been unfairly criticised in the past, but I just don’t think he has enough to start. Long should start every game. We now have a keeper and a fucking good one at that. Coleman needs to work harder, but will always threaten. McLean played like someone on ice when he came on, he needs to cop himself on a bit. Hoolahan is suited to specific types of games, but I’d play him and McGeady as much as possible. Slab works his arse off, but could we for fucks sake get some decent fucking ball into him. We need to start crossing into the box.
And Jonny. If one man epitomises the growth of this team, it’s this magnificent, brilliant, lovely, giant-like man. I’m not reticent to say I love this man.
We need a left back and put Robbie into midfield.
This was the first time in many, many years I got the sense that we were confident about what we were doing, that everyone knew the game plan, that everyone knew what their job was. That there was no fear and no panic. It was the first time in many, many years where I’ve sensed the attitude of “this is our home, if you want a result, you’ll have to come at us, but we are going to fuck you back where you came from”. We owned the game. We believed in ourselves and those boys seemed to want to fight for one another, but with intelligence and calm. That is the great achievement of Martin O’Neill.
The guard has passed. This will be very very different to 2012.
We need a left back.
I love you Jon Walters
Fuck you @Sidney
Up the Ra.

5 Likes

:ronnyroar::ronnyroar:

1 Like

Have you been on my Facebook again @Fitzy?

I changed my profile to that exact picture you’ve adopted as your avatar. Naturally I’ve overlaid the French tricolour over it.

Yes hun xxxx

He was running around like a Gaelic footballer

5 Likes