Bosnia v Ireland & Ireland v Bosnia

I think that’s a fairly shit article by the way.

But not as bad as Gavin Cummiskey’s effort, where he says Walters “is the glue that holds the midfield together” - Walters is a terrific player and he sort of plays in midfield but that description reads like a rugby fan trying to crowbar a soccer reference into an analysis of a sport he knows nothing about. He also wonders if O’Shea should be left back in the team, a nonsensical argument, made even more nonsensical by his question, “Whose going to ask that now?”

1 Like

Who’s.

I know that. Gavin doesn’t.

2 Likes

Was there a meeting I missed where it was decided that Wes was the greatest thing since sliced bread?

1 Like

1 Like

That’s a clamping

Oh dear.

Re Hoolahan: he was good last night. I was impressed with my 8-year old nephew turning to me and saying “Hoolahan presses the ball really well” at one point. Wexford Albion coaching and football understanding coming along nicely. Hoolahan did press them excellently, especially when Slab and Walterd split wide and he upset the centre backs and keeper. He also played some nice/neat passes in tight spaces.

I wouldn’t give him a complete pass for Friday night though. While he was a bit isolated and wasn’t exactly getting the ball to feet and in space, I felt he pulled out of a couple of challenges and wasn’t really at the races.

1 Like

He’s a good player, but he isn’t indispensable. He can be a luxury you can’t afford at times.

it was exhausting
we obviosuly didnt see the second half of the game for the thick industrial smog
the cops kept is in the ground also for an hour after the game
it was arguably the poorest 45 minutes of international football iver ever seen ( the first half) but we got the result
it was mad watching it thinking after 20 mins, these boys are actually shit and we’ve a real chance here
ill do a up a post later

2 Likes

no that was from the YBIG retards

1 Like

@Bandage
quick question, can you see the stadium from your balcony?
must be amazing

Wow. How could you believe anything you read in the Irish Times after that.

Counter Clamping

2 Likes

I never doubted @Rocko for a second.

Is this a draw?

Counter clampings count double.

6 Likes

No, Rocko wins this on the basis that I was wrong to doubt him.

2 Likes

Both fair assessments.

Yes, pal. I sat on my couch from 11pm-1.20am last night. Glancing over at the Aviva every now and then between sipping on a few cups of tea and some INTERNETTING. Stadium lights went out around 12.30am. It looked so peaceful, mate. So different from the riotous and frenzied atmosphere 3 hours earlier. Up the Ra.

1 Like