Bosnia v Ireland & Ireland v Bosnia

Ah well
So much for winning the eurovision song contest next year.

Block voting in the eastern block will contrive to make sure we dont qualify

Gutted here fucking gutted

A great night brill

Draw December 13th is it

Just watching the post match celebrations here… O’Neill giving it big licks afterwards. I can’t see us not winning it out now next summer.

I presume the Eire team will be releasing a version of “The Foggy Dew” as their official single for Euro 2016, given the year that’s in it and the weather conditions for the first leg of their play-off?

The pronunciation of the word “Dew” could also double as a nice show of solidarity with the Jewish community in France, who are so under attack at the moment.

@ChocolateMice see here for another example

1 Like

I liked this one of the two bhoys, fists balled, ready for a fight

1 Like

Keep this up, Julio. I have you squealing like a little pig every time I post.

The only negative to take from the the night is the tracksuit pants.
They are ridiculous.

1 Like

There is a rather vulgar name for them skinny tracksuit pants.

Do tell

Fuck boy Pants. Feels so wrong and perverse even typing it .

1 Like

NO we wont win but there

Who the fuck will stop us?

AHH now

Great to see an Irish team win in such adversity. They went out and won in spite of injuries and suspensions. They won last night even though they may have been emotionally drained after a great result a few days earlier.

Surely a statue of John Walters is to be erected in Dublin airport and a few of the team will receive honorary P.H.D.s in the coming weeks.

I think what is most heartening to see over the last six months or so is the development of Seamus Coleman and James McCarthy into the type of consistent performers we hoped they would become. Both had very much flattered to deceive in an Ireland jersey up until then. Added to the energy that Jeff Hendrick brings and the composure that Houlahan and Brady give us it makes as a fairly solid outfit and no team will get much easy with Walters and Slab in the side.

Richard Keogh and Ciaran Clark seem to similar to the likes of Gary Breen and Sean St Ledger before them where their club form doesn’t seem to matter and are rising to the occasion when they put on an Ireland shirt. I thought Clark looked in trouble early in the second half, he got caught ball watching and had a couple of poor touches but he finished very strongly.

2 Likes

I’m still beaming after last night.

2 Likes

Coleman and McCarthy were fantastic last night, especially the former. His best performance for Ireland by far. He still has a tendency to put the head down and bomb on from time to time when easier options are on but keeping him, McCarthy, Brady and Walters fit and ready is our prime concern.