Bothar charity gifts. That goat ad

Since I have to listen to that poxy Goat ad from Bothar on the radio every few minutes, where you send money to a charity so that they can buy a goat or something for some family in Africa or whatever and then you get a card or whatever to give to someone as a present, has anyone ever done this? How did the recipient of the gift take it?

In an envelope I would imagine.

I think you can buy some version of these gifts in the Veritas shop on Abbey Street. Anybody I ever bought them for was nonplussed, or indeed even minussed.

its a bit of a shit present though isnt it.

Here, I wanted to make myself feel better, so the money I spent on you makes me feel better and gives you nothing in return.

how many gifts would it take to buy from Bothar to get them to take that fucking goat prick off the radio though?

The perfect gift for someone you don’t really want to buy something for but are obliged to. Also, it’s for charity so they are obliged to accept it in good will.

Its over 200 euro’s for the goat.

It is a bit of a shit present though unless you are some sort of hippy or one of those do gooder type of person. :slight_smile:

Some cunt gave me an anonymous donation to Bothar as a wedding gift back in 2009.

I was seething.

1 Like

Fuck off, are ya serious? That’s not quite as bad as the wedding I went too and there was no meal at it just sandwiches because the couple wanted to do things a bit different. I was fucking starving, ended leaving the wedding to head to the chinese to get a meal.

I think you can buy them a handful of bees for cheap enough :wink:

[quote=“tazdedub, post: 728567”]

Fuck off, are ya serious? That’s not quite as bad as the wedding I went too and there was no meal at it just sandwiches because the couple wanted to do things a bit different. I was fucking starving, ended leaving the wedding to head to the chinese to get a meal.[/quote]

Lol

I refused to do Christkindl (how do you actually spell it?) in work unless we did a charitable donation. I was hoping people would just say no and then I wouldn’t have to participate but we ended up going the Bothar route. Raised €430 and got a goat, a sheep and two guinea fowl for some African family. I think it’s quite nice tbh when you think of all the money that gets wasted on shite at Xmas.

Somewhat off topic but I used to give a few bob to World Vision but I cancelled the direct debit when I was unemployed. They have not stopped harassing me since and despite numerous requests to stop contacting me, they still do. To make things worse I found out that they are extremely “Christian” and all their volunteers have to say prayers and stuff before starting work each day. DO NOT GIVE MONEY TO THESE FUCKING CUNTS.

A friend bought me an olive tree in Gaza as a present for some reason. I didn’t mean to be ungrateful but I told her it’s probably being sprayed with Agent Orange by the Israelis as we speak. I must give a donation to Barney Curley’s charity, DAFA, you can be sure the shrewd Barney doesn’t waste it on crap.

MUGGED

OFF

MUGGED

OFF.

I’d say this case is only scratching the surface of what the cunt was at.

Story last night is that the three most senior staff were creaming it for a few decades and the sum should be > 10m.

Limerick city solicitor heads are spinning with the goings on.

We shoulda shot the first one who came out from a charity doing this.

What a bunch of cunts. Its getting hard to trust any charity

8 Likes