Boxing II

We need a trilogy.

1 Like

Jesus I though Pulev had enough done.

Great stuff though. Derek Chisora is something else

2 Likes

I thought his body shots were the difference. Pulev took them well though.

Pulev the real winner as he’ll retire now unscathed

Chisora will go on and likely get a pummeling from someone like Joe Joyce

Dillian Whyte next?

He wants Wilder :laughing:

Agreed. Pulev for me but not surprised with decision.

Good scrap tho, two big men threw it all out there

1 Like

If he can get close to Wilder he could do something.

If he can’t, it’ll be over quick

It’ll be over quick

1 Like

Chisora is a warrior, with a head like a rock, who can get himself gassed in round one, and stay in the red fighting away for 12 rounds just as gassed looking, but he’s too easy a target for a high class boxer I’d reckon, . He’ll walk into an uppercut. Wilder has too much power in his shots. I doubt wilder will fight him though as it wouldn’t be a huge money fight I’d imagine. Chisora wouldn’t pull the American crowd.
I hope they both got a good payday for that, they deserved it. Pulevs corner looked like the bother in law and a lad they found in the airport on the way over

Could they bring that fight to a studious in London if Wilder would come over?
They’d surely get a big crowd for it that way. Knowing what Chisora would bring and the novelty of Wilder being over.

I agree to that Wilder would have too much for him. Range and power would do serious damage to Chisora.

I’m not sure. Would wilder not be in the PPV atmosphere?

Wilder would want PPV to come over definitely, the 02 crowd love Chisora he is at it 15 years and fought everyone (Vitali, Haye, Fury) bar AJ and Wilder. He’d be a perfect comeback fight for Wilder and it would sell.

He looked done 5 or 6 years ago after he stunk the place out in defeat on one of Hearn’s soulless Monte Carlo shows. Fair play to him, he got himself fit and turned it around and developed ‘his character’. The partner, kid and Elvis there last night and it created a bit of jeopardy as losing meant 4 in a row and gone. The people loved it.

He said there a few years ago that he should’ve headlined a card with Josh Taylor in a unification because ‘nobody gives a fuck about Josh Taylor’.
He was probably right!

This is the challenge for Hearn now, to create stars without the sky machine in a world becoming more and more homogenised. You’d AJ, the prototype, but he built on guys like Haye, Fury, Groves, Degale, Froch, Frampton, Khan, Kell, Mitchell, John Murray, Audley, Bellew who were all big characters and exciting fighters. All these guys earned big money and Chisora has earned probably very close to 7 figures himself now from boxing.

Pulev won that last night from what I saw of it, but to paraphrase Del Boy ‘Who gives a fuck about Pulev?’

1 Like

You’d hope chisora made north of seven figures for last night, but I’m not sure how much money it actually would have raised. He’s a banger, plain and simple.

1 Like

Benn v Eubank on ???

Proper hatred there!

3 Likes

Thank God there was a camera there to capture it :roll_eyes:

Their sons fighting in October apparently.

Watching Hagler v Duran here from 1983. 15 round slugfest. Non stop hitting each other. Proper boxing, proper boxers. Judges scores 146-145, 144-143 and 145-143.

3 Likes

I’ll put my neck on the line agin and confirm it won’t happen (well in 2022 anyway).

Is Mick Conlan on the telly this weekend?