Boxing II

I thought it was marginally low. He did milk it and was in trouble for a short time. Dubois just not at that level.

2 Likes

I though the same but regardless the ref bottled a point deduction if he thought it was a low belt. I think he knew then heā€™d absolutely rode Dubois on that call.

I think, if memory serves from my own brief boxing career, that if your navel is showing, a hot on the belt is low. So it was technically a low blow. But it was nowhere near the cup

Not near the cup, but if it was to the side I think it would have been on the top of the hip so I think it was marginally low.

Not low enough to have points taken, and not deliberate to warrant it either.

Thought it was low enough to be called as such.
Commentary is laughable.
Usyk was a stone lighter and ten years older. The odds were crazy. He didnā€™t really catch dubois especially cleanly with anything, just wore him out.
Frank Warren is some lizard.
Dubois wasnā€™t robbed really. It was just one of those things. English commentators have already decided it was robbery. It wasnā€™t. Dubois landed one shot and it was dubious at best.

1 Like

Usyk was well on top for sure. Better fight than I thought it would be.

I may be biased by my loathing of the lizard.

1 Like

It was low but not a balls shot. He was hurt but if he was told to get up he probably would have.
Bate the bollox off dubois in reality. A rematch would be the same,a mismatch

1 Like

Dubois is talented but stiff and a bit heartless. Didnā€™t see it but it was always going to go a bit this way. We need Fury v Usyk to put this era to bed. Fury doesnā€™t want it.

1 Like

Nit picking but heā€™s not talented. A nice guy though

For me, watching Usyk (or any skilful fighter) teaches you something about boxing to the causal or the untrained eye like myself. It makes you appreciate and love boxing more. Mesmerising stuff.

2 Likes

He is talented, just not as talented as usyk,nor as tough as Joyce. Worry, if youā€™d call it that, is heā€™ll be cooked by the time he should be hitting his prime. A lad of his size and youth should be able for an aging cruiserweight really. When I heard the odds I was annoyed Iā€™d not thrown a few quid on dubois.
Was an entertaining fight all the same. The English commentary was laughable. By the end they were stating with straight faces that usyk only upped his punching enough to knock down dubois because he was afraid of getting hit :roll_eyes:

Obviously Daniel Dubois is tougher than Iā€™ll ever be but I fear heā€™s not quite tough enough for the top level.

Also, calling Usyk an ā€œaging crusierweightā€ is a little misleading

Not really. Heā€™s a cruiserweight naturally, and heā€™s getting old.

He is but heā€™s a lot more than that too

I didnā€™t see the fight but just some pics and videos back. A low in boxing is below the waist. People talking about near balls or cup havenā€™t a clue of the rules.

1 Like

Smithy rounds 7-9 5/1 all you have

I was drinking in the company of Spike Oā€™Sullivan a few weeks ago and he reckons itā€™s closer than the odds suggest with a slight fancy for Eubank. He might be a bit biased though as he fought Eubank :joy:

Spike tipped Smith in Examiner today.

Cash out cash out :joy::joy:

1 Like

Eubank will win tonight