Boxing II

One mushroom too many

For any actual fans here, Arthur Betterbeef gave Callum Smith an awful shellacking last night. Watch all 7 rounds, he’s really unlike any other modern fighter. A fearless terminator who walks everyone down with this kind of shuddering power in either hand, whereby he only really throws these shortened punches, with perfect technique.

His defence isn’t perfect but he steps back w his hands up with such great timing he never really gets hit flush. Smith was brave in fairness to him he tried to throw but the inevitability of a brutal beatdown was fascinating.

AB a very interesting guy, his training regime is legendary, a devout muslim but I’ve yet to see someone like him. I hate to be cynical but he’s surely on something, not that I’m downgrading him. His insane power and technique, fearlesness and devout training regime coupled likely with some juicing makes him a modern marvel terminator. He is must watch. Also, he’s 39.

3 Likes

He’s almost like this eras George Foreman. He’s 100% on the gas, sure an adverse finding was found in the prep for this fight but was cleared after further testing.

1 Like

Was it not an elevated level of testosterone rather an adverse finding? Either way, I guess…

He’s on the gear and not a very technical fighter, he is open to uppercuts, a proper puncher will knock his lights out

I was quarter keeping an eye on Jonas Vs Mayer in the pub the other night. Was it just me who thought the decision was absolutely farcical?

1 Like

General consensus was that it was a disgraceful decision.

America’s Mayer pushed the champion furiously hard throughout their 10-round IBF welterweight world title fight, winning widely on one judge’s card but losing by a narrow margin on the other two.

Surely an auld bit of AI that could get rid of the judges

AI will need to code itself to accept bribes.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/SkySportsBoxing/status/1748795686286459161?t=t45A8lB5oI7Z5XdOatLYGg&s=19

1 Like

Laughable decision. I scored it 7 - 3 to Mayer, and that was generous to Jonas. After the first couple of rounds Mayer walked her down and hammered away at will. 100% robbery

Paddy Donovan is boxing very well against Herrera.

Whats that on?

DAZN1, mate.

Live events on the aul IPTV

1 Like

Wheres that show on

Its on up in Belfast.

Herrera is flying it now.

2 Likes

Hon Paddy.

1 Like

What’s the main event?

How did this finish I was out and about

KO, but it was arguably called a bit soon. He boxed well though overall.

1 Like