Boxing II

Itā€™s a terrible shame that Frampton didnā€™t fight Rigondeaux that time because although noone knew it at the time in retrospect Rigo was ready to fall and Frampton would have been a boxing legend.

1 Like

Donā€™t think thereā€™s a hope Frampton would have beaten Rigo.

The only boxer to beat him was Lomachenko who was in a different stratosphere to Frampton.

2 Likes

cc @Copper_pipe

Well I thought that at the time but then Rigo just quit on his stool so who knows. Rigo used to make mistakes as well. Iā€™d love to know what would have happened.

Actively avoided him giving the reason there was no money in it. Frampton wouldā€™ve lost and Iā€™d say he would admit it now, certainly alluded to it back then.

Both he and Quigg stayed a mile away.

Rigo is possibly the best to ever fight in Ireland, he was top 2 or 3 pound for pound at a point after the Donaire fight, Frampton was probably Top 10 after LSC I

3 Likes

Rigo was being outclassed though by a through P4P genius. I donā€™t think Frampton would have been capable of that and I donā€™t think Frampton could have coped with the hand speed and power of Rigo.

Itā€™s a good job Frampton never fought Rigo or Gervonta Davis. Not a hope heā€™d beat either.

1 Like

Rigo stepped up in weight to fight lomachenko, he couldnā€™t handle lomas power

In retrospect, Frampton best days were at super bantam. At feather v Santa Cruz & Donaire he lacked the real power while v Warrington, a natural featherweight, he was hurt early and struggled from then on. At super feather, he was just too small. Herring isnā€™t a renowned puncher and yet that knockdown in the last round! ā€¦ Frampton was spark out for a second or two.

I hope nobody persuades him to come out of retirement. He was a very good fighter and seems to have a lot of decency about him.

1 Like
3 Likes

Any interest in the Conor Benn fight tonight?

Ya, looking forward to it. Yer man has very good pedigree if a bit shopworn. Iā€™m surprised how well Benn has developed. A French journeyman was robbed against him 18 months ago.

Good looking lad, major name value, exciting style, able to talk; he is a positive fir the sport

Benn is great to watch to be fair.

What time/channel is he on?

The trunks are quite similar here. Iā€™m essentially FORCED to look at Ebanieā€™s massive boobs to tell them apart

1 Like

10 i think, sky sports action.

1 Like

That was some round

There isnā€™t an ounce of defense here. Pretty entertaining though.

Courtenay just a touch sharper I think

Going for bridges, courtenay a hype machine