Boxing Thread

Think there’s preference given to some some countries with no representation already.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using TFK App

Well if we’re relying on Pat Hickey we’re fucked. What an utter cunt of a man.

I wouldn’t want to be relying on the goodwill of the International Olympic Council either considering it’s the International Olympic Committee who will decide.

Friend of the Forum Ewan MacKenna believes this was decided in January but is too lazy to check.

Eddie Hearn is saying that Paul McCloskey is in the frame to fight JMM on July 14th. Crazy if it’s true.

Wouldn’t be a good match for McCloskey that one.

I read an article during the weak in which they were (unintentionally i’m sure) referred to as Billy Walsh’s travelling boxing team.

Made me laugh anyway

Could be just Hearn drumming up publicity. Would be a very strange choice for Marquez, whatever about McCloskey. As far as McCloskey’s concerned it’d be a good opportunity. Better than fighting nobodies on the British domestic scene at least.

David Oliver Joyce lost 19-10.

Adam Nolan won 17-13.

Paddy Barnes is in, won 17-9

To recap

Paddy Barnes joins Michael Conlon, Darren ONeill and John Joe Nevin in the London 2012 Olympics. Tommy McCarthy to box later this evening.

7 Turkish boxers started this tournament. Still 7 left. A huge improvement on the tournament in Azerbaijan where none of them reached the semis

Boxing is sickening

You could earn a nice little side-pot being a boxing judge.

Wasnt one of them beaten by the heavyweight guy McCarthy I think boxes next?

McCarthy won tonight did he?

[font=Arial]Tommy McCarthy [/font]won 16-7 against[font=Arial] Jozsef Daniel Darmos (Hun)[/font]

[font=Arial]Heavyweight Tommy McCarthy was the last Irishman in action on Wednesday and impressed in his 16-7 win over Hungarian Jozsef Daniel Darmos. McCarthy survived a standing 8 count to claim victory but will have to win gold in Turkey if he wants to claim an Olympic spot.[/font]

Think Nevin is the only one qualified who is. Don’t think Conlon is, Barnes isn’t and O’Neill’s is unlikely to be as he is a teacher. McCarthy is a half black lad so doubt he’s a traveller either, while Adam Nolan is a guard so even less likely!
They are handy at it though, the travelling community.

Adam Nolan through to the Olympics after winning 19-10. He boxed very clever and the points system should suit him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmyX1r9A3yU

Ah lovely.