Boxing Thread

Wants to fight Manny? Has he beaten anyone of note yet?

Id love to see that fight.

I haven’t a notion, I’d only watch a handful of fights year round.

Funny shit, he also managed to throw in sly digs at Deshawn Jackson and Micheal Vick in that gracious speech.
Amir Khan up now fighting a 32 year old grandad:confused:

Maybe he’d have a chance against Manny nowadays, but he wouldn’t last 3 with him in his prime. Manny would be far too busy for him.

Khan has this lad destroyed just needs to protect his chin now

Khan’s defence has been vastly improved tonight…so far.

Point taken off both of them now. Khan gets away with a lot of holding mind you.

He took a big shot in that round too, the kind of hit you’d expect him to crumple under.

Colazo making inroads now

I always enjoy watching Khan. For all the punches and speed thrown, which ensures they’re not boring fights, one punch and he wobbles and he could end up on his arse at any stage and then he can have a round like that, brilliant.

Colazzo down twice in the 10th, hardly even defending himself at this stage and still doesn’t look hurt despite taking an absolute pounding.

I always feel for McCloskey. He wasn’t taking heavy punches and Khan was tiring after round 5…if only for that cut.

Khan fairly impressive there. Mightn’t have beat much, Colazo looked a bit of a dunderhead, but he was a general 7/4 shot before the fight so clearly not a no hoper.
Excerpts from Broners speech here
http://footbasket.com/boxing/adrien-broner-beating-carlos-molina-just-beat-fuck-mexican/

Floyd walking out with Lil Wayne rapping and JUSIN BEIBERo_O:D, and litertally half a circus for the hell of it

He’s had them two eejits with him for the last couple of fights.

Some opening round from Madanais there

Dragging it down is the way to go for him. At least he’s having a go unlike Canelo.

That right from Maidana is fucking gammy looking, landing a bit though

How long can he keep this up though? I reckon round 8 before he tires himself out and Mayweather picks him off with a knockout punch.

Or maybe not,Floyd cut under his right eye!! The Argentines are making all the noise in the crowd, Floyd in a proper battle here

This is as uncomfortable as Mayweather has been in a long long time.