Boxing Thread

This should be stopped. If not by the ref, then Hopkins trainer should do it. Its an absolute hiding

Hopkins caught him a couple of good ones in that round but Kovalev not phased.
Hes looking for the one big punch.

Hopkins absolutely mauled in the last minute of the last round. Ref should have stepped in but obviously wanted to give Hopkins the chance to go the distance. How the fuck he didnt go down is a miracle, he was battered.
At best, Id give Hopkins a share of two rounds. The cards will probably be a clusterfuck though.

Well I’ll be damned, the cards were right.

B Hop,what a legend to even go the distance it was like Raging bulls “i’m still standin Ray!”.

Hopkins is one of the greats and to be still fighting at this level at his age is amazing, but that last minute wasn’t nice to watch. Basically an old man getting the shit beaten out of him.

Great performance by Kovalev. Sent out a message to the yanks who were claiming all week that he was another flat footed brawler for Hopkins to school.

Kovalev never really turned the heat up until B-Hop taunted him in the final round. He put his stamp on the evening after that.

Just watched that 12th round again. The change in Kovalev’s demeanour after Hopkins taunted him in the 12th is crazy. It was like he had decided to just box his way to the finish, and then that happened and he said ‘fuck it, I’m going to kill him’.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uikdDR2IoIo

Anyone know if the Nevin and Macklin fights tomorrow are on tv anywhere?

Sky Sports. 2

Cheers EG.

Is thee john joe naven fight on rte bud?

Enjoying free beers in the VIP bar at the 3 Arena courtesy of Eddie Hearn - this should really be posted on the things that are right thread!

Many drug dealers there pal? Should be easy to get a bit of personal tonight.

There’s a few heads knocking about alright and not just in the ring…

Please bump this when the Nevin fight is on

Seems to be proper needle between these two up next.
One lad buried the shoulder into the other lads chest in the ring pre-fight.

Fitzgerald seems a bit simple

And then followed it up by knocking him out in the first minute :smiley:

When is Nevin fighting?