Boxing Thread

[QUOTE=“thedancingbaby, post: 1075782, member: 48”]You’d miss @Ebeneezer Goode’s cocaine fuelled rants on the boxing thread of a Sunday morning.

Come to think of it, where is he these days.

Mate ???[/QUOTE
he is in the middle of 3 months of sobriety[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=“Piles Hussain, post: 1075773, member: 363”]Wilder comfortably, the USA has a heavyweight champion for the first time in 10 years and the clamour for a match with Wlad will begin, post-haste.

Edit: just read somewhere that Wilder had promised Fury a shot if he won tonight.[/QUOTE]

He’s not ready for Wlad. Looked pretty good last night though. Stamina and chin held up well.

It’s a line from the animated tv show, ‘Archer’

jab straight
jab straight
jab straight
jab straight

At times, he looked like a cross between Apollo Creed and someone playing Fight Night who only knows how to use two buttons.
Then he goes milling in with hooks and leaves himself wide open to a counter.
What he has wouldn’t be enough for Wlad. He’s not a well rounded boxer.

I wondered about that myself.

Lee’s going to be fighting Quillin apparently.

Nothing too handy about that,it’s on in NYC I suppose

New York in May is the talk. Taking his chance at the big payday, he is dead right. Quillin will be a real tough fight for Lee.

The winner is to get a crack at Mayweather(I’ll believe it when I see it) in November in Vegas apparently.

I thought Billy Joe was the mandatory ?

[QUOTE=“Rintintin, post: 1078749, member: 207”]New York in May is the talk. Taking his chance at the big payday, he is dead right. Quillin will be a real tough fight for Lee.

The winner is to get a crack at Mayweather(I’ll believe it when I see it) in November in Vegas apparently.[/QUOTE]
No chance of mayweather fighting either of these lads their too big for him

[QUOTE=“Rintintin, post: 1078749, member: 207”]New York in May is the talk. Taking his chance at the big payday, he is dead right. Quillin will be a real tough fight for Lee.

The winner is to get a crack at Mayweather(I’ll believe it when I see it) in November in Vegas apparently.[/QUOTE]

is that the guy who passed on €1m and stood down as champ in order to avoid fighting the lad Lee bet ?..how much is he planning to make off fighting Lee??..or what was reason he gave up that money and belt?..

Haymon wants the belt back I guess so he splashed the cash. Lee wasn’t going to turn down $1m when he’s been earning chicken feed for the last decade.

That’s the fella. The story goes that Haymon doesn’t want to work with ROC Nation sports.

It’s a hard fight for Lee but not one he can’t win,I hope he puts a few wins together and makes a few bucks for himself

I think Pac might be getting bored waiting for Floyd

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0123/588791/manny-pacquiao-becomes-a-pro-wrestler-video/

Looks like the WBO are going to order purse bids for Lee-Saunders. So Quillin can go fuck himself the stupid cunt.

Will be interesting to see what Haymon does. The WBO have been very insubordinate in their dealings with him thus far. He might just give up on it. Ultimately the WBO are with Arum.

Great to see Deano Walsh win again tonight ! Also of course Adam Nolan. Up Wexford !

Alvarado v Rios III tonight. Action!!!

Come on Bam Bam you crazy bastard.

Saw a bit of the National Championships from the Stadium last night.
Don’t know much about my fellow Laoisman Michael O’Reilly but he sure is a classy boxer.
Is he a future Olympian?

[QUOTE=“Kid Curry, post: 1080421, member: 1397”]Saw a bit of the National Championships from the Stadium last night.
Don’t know much about my fellow Laoisman Michael O’Reilly but he sure is a classy boxer.
Is he a future Olympian?[/QUOTE]
Heard he likes the sauce a bit too much.