Boxing Thread

I have Canelo up but he’s so fucking lazy it’s unbelievable. Wouldn’t surprise me if the judges are giving it to Cotto on activity.

Cotto by one for me but time for Canelo

Reckon we could be headed for a contentious decision.

No power left in Cotto. Canelo wins this round and wins for me

I have it narrowly for Canelo. Reckon the judges will have too but his inactivity is a real problem.

119-109? What the fuck…

WBC want Canelo…young man in town. Cotto didn’t want to fight Golovkin… Crazy cards though. Cotto deserved better than that.

Very harsh. Don’t know how Canelo gets away with that sort of inactivity. GGG batters him on tonight’s evidence. Wonder if Oscar is as eager for that fight as Canelo is.

Canelo won for me but only just. He’s huge for a middleweight and doesn’t seem afraid of Golovkin. Styles makes fights, that be a cracker.

Had it 115-114 Canelo.

Cotto just didn’t have the gas in the end.

I had it:

9-10
10-10
10-9
9-10
10-9
9-10
9-10
10-9
10-9
9-10
10-9
10-9

115-114

Is De La Hoya off the wagon again, he’s put on some amount of weight.

Imagine a 35yo running out of gas against a younger fighter,shocking

Huh?

Good man Canelo you ginger legend!

1 Like

I don’t see any argument for him against Golovkin at all. Only alternative I can see to a late Golovkin stoppage is an early Golovkin stoppage.

Wlad has called in Vitali

Has Canelo been knocked down? I think GGG’s defence may be too good for him. They both like to trade though. I can’t wait to see it.

This went how most people predicted. I expected a bit more action like we had in the 8th and final rounds. Alvarez knew pretty early on Cotto couldn’t hurt him but he really should have worked a lot harder. He won the fight but the scorecards were disrespectful to Cotto, one was completely off the wall wrong.

I don’t think so. Was badly staggered against Cotto’s brother alright.

1 Like