Boxing Thread

Wlad looks in absolutely ridiculous shape for a 40 year old.

Think I’ll just get a paid stream. xmeforums.to charge 3 or 4 euro for 24hrs access to stable hd streams. Well worth it for a big fight.

2 Likes

Just turned on the fights to see John O Carroll fighting on this stage and realise he is 9 from 9. I trained and sparred with him in Oz. In fact he was with me the night my tools were robbed. Great guy, was great to spar with as would coach rather than try to kill you.

We fought the same night in Fremantle, he was still amateur, and he lost the most outrageous hometown decision i ever saw. Very surreal seeing him there. Knew he had talent but didn’t think he’d get the chance. Delighted.

Still able to be hit though, very open tonight against a mucker. If i can get him then imagine what high level guys would do.

3 Likes

Is he the chap with the big cross and TÁL tattoo on his back?

Reminds me of the time I waded into a row, missed with a punch and clocked RTT

4 Likes

Seems like an absolutely sound fella

1 Like

Lies.

Someone throw up a link to the fight please.

Meant to be on around 9.55pm.

1 Like

What channel is it on?
Ive been using this thing called AceStream lately and its very good.

1 Like

Yip thats him.
I got him a few days building but he was working in a kfc the last i heard. Fair play to him. Just did a bit of research and realised he got fucked around by our coach, who was using lads and was an arrogant prick with no brain. Only fought twice in 2 years and then came home. Obviously a great decision.
Think he was in the elite amateur squads for a while but hated the structures. Pro definitely suits him.

2 Likes

Old. Boring. Stop trying so hard.

I know what you mean. A guy from my club in London is now pro, he’d be sound and coach me when he could have just taken the head clean off me.

1 Like

The only lies around here came from you and your imaginary dublin footballer mate.

You got found out there.

It would be an absolutely bananas thing for me or anyone to make up. I didn’t beat him or claim to. He could have knocked 7 types of shite out of me if he wanted in fact. But i hit hard and was around 12-14 kg heavier so it suited him. People generally make up stuff to make themselves look good. All this was is me happening across another irish lad in Oz.

2 Likes

Thats exactly what Jono was like. The gap in standard was significant, so much so he could talk to me about my hands or defence or whatever.

He couldn’t really hurt me but if he wanted the combination and speed would become way too much.

How was i found out, pal?

Link please

What age is he?

Last fight on the undercard in the final round now. Ring walks should be in less than half an hour.

About 24 i’d say. Haven’t looked it up but he was pretty young when i met him.

1 Like

Usual mind games from the Klitschkos. Froch thinks Wlad having to re-wrap his hands is a massive psychological blow :joy:

I have it on RTL here

Der kampf der giganten

Lennox Lewis punditting and being dubbed live

edit: should have added that the presenter is asking Lewis the questions in German.
The gaps between question and answer are pretty small. That’s some damn fine translating