Boxing Thread

Johnny Nelson said on Sky that he thought Framptons corner were poor. Felt McGuigan continually told him what he was doing wrong in between rounds but said little or nothing as to how to counter what his opponent was doing.

A pal of mine who boxed at a decent level always said Frampton will only maximise his potential with a better trainer and he likes McGuigan and son . McGuigan is a decent skin overall .They are not used to training fighters of Frampton’s level and more importantly opponents of that level . It appear Santa Cruz learned a lot .

1 Like

I thought McGuigan’s comments after the 8th round were very odd. Probably Frampton’s best round, and he told him he lost it and needed to change things up. Thought Carl went downhill from there.

Good fight. Very competitive but the right man won. Wouldn’t do the rubber match right away. No spice in it for now.

Agreed . How the fook did one judge call it a draw ??

His card was a bit strange. Was only with the majority for 7 rounds I think, which is very low even for close fights. You can get a sense of what the normal averages for the different judges are here - http://www.podindex.org/index.php/podindex/report/boxing/worldwide/all/100/0/

Official card

Jason Quigley headlining an ESPN card against Glen Tapia on March 23rd. Good high profile outing for him and it’ll be noticed if he does well.

Best of luck to Aussie fly half, Quade Cooper, in his third professional bout tonight :joy:

2 Likes

Whitecollar? Ive seen more muscles on a chicken than on that student standing beside him.

4 Likes

Quade won by knockout. A great night for Australia.

Isn’t Quade a Kiwi?

1 Like

No idea.

splitting hairs

Green beat Mundine in a controversial decision

Mundine is a fool of the highest order. Did he stand for the national anthem?

It was played while they were in the dressing room

Sounds like a shambles

1 Like

Is that even legal?

No gloves and I think Puck or Ballinasloe .

It was a second round KO for all concerned.