Boxing Thread

Anything on it for frampton?

Supposed to be on ESPN+ but I can’t find it

Whyte well in control, letting Chisora come on to him and picking him off.

Chisora roughing Whyte up now, leading with shoulders and the head and making it a proper battle

Warrington should take the decision here against Frampton. Good fight

1 Like

Watched it via WhatsApp video call from a mate. Frampton well outworked and beaten. Don’t know where he goes from here.

Whyte after sparking Chisora out in the 11th

Sounded like a good fight as per twitter updates, Warrington blitzed him early and dictated from there?

Frampton did have some decent rounds in fairness. Was getting to grips with him in the third quarter of the fight. But Warrington just looked a bigger, younger, fresher fighter. He’s got some engine on him.

Chisora was leading on two cards even after being deducted two points

Whyte was holding back the whole fight. Chisora fought brave/ dirty and took the fight to him. Had more energy in the later rounds.

Disappointed in Frampton there. Warrington had no power but overwhelmed Frampton with volume. Frampton looking for one shot it seemed but where’s the evidence of Warrington being in any way chinny? Besides, Frampton was knockng guys out at lower weight. 3\4 years ago Frmpton moved guys round the ring. Doesn’t do that now. No lateral movement, just stands there. Thought that his 2nd fight with santa Cruz he’d bulked up looking for a knockout and left his boxing skill behind. Seems to have continued in that vein.

Over?

If you mean the fight - yep. Warrington by 3\4 rounds.
If you mean Frampton - I think yes again. Can’t see where he goes from here.

Thas a shame. Seems a sound lad. He assets far too content and balanced to continue in that game, once he has it made etc

1 Like

Disappointed Frampton lost but just provides confirmation his best years well behind him. Warrington should not be in his league nevermind capable of beating him. I hope Frampton does not continue now. A fine Irish boxer and somebody who acquitted himself well.

Yeah, know a lad who ran into him in an airport lounge before his last fight. Said he was real down to earth decent sort. Hope he’s made enough to get out comfortably, though he has the case against McGuigan which could be massively expensive if he loses. Read somewhwere his wife put an academic career on hold so maybe there’s that in the tank. Never met him but I like the way he goes about things. No big head, trash talk shit. Respect.

1 Like

+1
Funny enough I’ve an orange mate from Banbridge. He was at the council dump the Monday morning after Frampton won a Saturday night world title. Frampton was there too. Frampton just wanted to talk about my mate’s young lad who’s pretty handy. Sound man by all accounts.

2 Likes

Harrington better fighter but great row. Frampton is a fucking gent and got hoodwinked into those MTK pricks. Gent of the highest order and met him a few times. Love to see him open his own clean gym in Belfast.

4 Likes

100%