Boxing Thread

i never disputed this fact but was just taken aback by your ignorance…Bring Vasquez over for a title fight or that Japanese lads that hammered Rendell Monroe the other week…

I thought you hated travellers?

Ah you’d have to love Willie in fairness. Brian Peters must have been loving that craic at the end was great promotion for the Martinez fight. The boxing lads are fierce likeable for the most part. Some people hate the likes of Rock and Dunne, I’d really admire how much they obviously love their sport it really comes across in their punditry.

Dunne gets awful stick off some people and I honestly don’t know why, the definition of an alright sort…

Dunne is a muppet.

+1 on those comments by gola and Puke. Casey and Hyland were on that Saturday night show with Brendan O’Connor last week and both came across as thoroughly alright sorts.

Why? He was when he was boxing but that was part of the show. He is a pretty decent guy. I heard him interviewed of 2fm yesterday morning and he showed a new side to him. Alright sort in my book too.

That’s exactly what I think can’t understand how unpopular he is. Really enthusiastic, likeable type of fella and well able to laugh at himself too. His World title win at the O2 was probably the most exciting sporting event I’ve ever been at, certainly the best atmosphere, so will always have time for him for that too.
There’s definitely a huge anti ‘dublin knacker’ feeling in middle Ireland. Robbie Keane suffers from it too.

:clap:

Big Rogie is back!

[quote=“gola, post: 17164”]
That’s exactly what I think can’t understand how unpopular he is. Really enthusiastic, likeable type of fella and well able to laugh at himself too. His World title win at the O2 was probably the most exciting sporting event I’ve ever been at, certainly the best atmosphere, so will always have time for him for that too.
There’s definitely a huge anti ‘dublin knacker’ feeling in middle Ireland. Robbie Keane suffers from it too.[/quote]

you aren’t far wrong…The amount of schandenfreude when he lost his belt was unreal

All Dunnes are muppets.

Bernard Dunne - muppet.
Tommy Dunne - muppet.
Liam Dunne - muppet.
Ben Dunne - muppet.

Need i go on…

What about the Pecker Dunne???

dunne is a really sound bloke- heard a great interview with him the other day on tubbers- loads of people texting in saying how sound he is when they meet him

he was back up at the sydney olympics & a few days before it started he was told he wouldnt b fighting- he was forced to exit the olympic village & as he had no money with him he was basically homeless with no money- the olympic comittee couldnt change his flight home so he was lft in o for 3 weeks with no money, no accomadation & no tickets for any of the fights- one of the boxers sorted him out for accomadation as he knew a family there & they fd him- jimmy magee got him a press pass so he could see the fights

:lol: very poor!

ryan dunne is an alright sort

Heard about lads I know who hate him giving out fuck and laughing at him in the pub when Cordoba was beating the shite out of him and then being on top of their stools cheering him on when he came back and won it.

Bit like Dunph and the lads and the way they’ve changed their stance on the travelling community tonight.

Richard Dunne is a likable sort as well

Nearly all the Irish boxers I’ve ever heard interviewed have come across very well. Even Ken Egan is a decent sort despite the press he sometimes gets.

sure what do you expect we are a nation of bandwagoners…look at the likes of Runt jumping on the tipp bandwagon this year for the sake of it

I laughed when Cordoba beat him. I nearly wet myself i laughed so much.

What’s this comment regarding the “travelling community” in relation to? When did i change my stance towards them?

:rolleyes:

Cordoba never beat Dunne