Boxing Thread

I hope Cotto wins this

Seven rounds in. Cotto has won all seven. Tremendous display from Cotto so far. Brilliant footwork to get him off the ropes. Margarito just hasn’t been able to pin him down. It only takes one punch but he looks very good at the moment.

This looks a done deal for Cotto. Margarito can’t see out of his right eye.

Redemption lads

This won’t last the distance.

I always loved Cotto, I think the first fight ruined Cotto, anyone else agree.

Fight stopped at the end of the ninth. Very assured performance from Cotto, different sports obviously but it remnded me of Martin Adams at his best. Just so assured.

Fair play to Cotto, totally deserved it.

Margarito didn’t pack much of a punch there.

I love it Sid, i can give a better example, Phil Taylor at the GSOD, same masterful performance.

Imperious display by Cotto. At the end he almost looked like he wanted the last three rounds to punish Margarito more. His movement off the ropes, and his ability to tie Margarito up and put his head under his chin cut off the space for those uppercuts and completely frustrated Margarito. At no stage was Margarito able to do any real damage at all. I was hoping he might land on Cotto a bit more to make him really earn it but Cotto’s defensive work was just too good.

Sheer class from Cotto, as good a high level performance as has been seen for a while.

Margarito is a cheat, i think thats clear now. I await Totti’s apology. :lol:

Post-fight interview with Cotto last night

Kellerman: You’re known as a good sportsman. Usually after fights we see you embrace your opponent. How do you feel about Antonio Margarito right now?
Cotto: He means nothing to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqWS_GpV-HA

Is the fight worth looking at or completely one sided? Had Margarito any joy at all?

Little enough, a couple of good rounds but it was still 9-0 Cotto by the stoppage. Highlights worth watching to see how well Cotto fought. Cotto’s reaction at the end was great too.

Any ideas on who Cotto might fight next? He has no shortage of options anyway. Money May would be an option but that won’t happen as long as he’s with Arum I’d say. Likewise, Ortiz and Canelo are with Golden Boy so Arum might not let those happen either. Chavez Jr maybe?

Has Chavez Jr improved much? I never really rated him but haven’t seen him in a while.

hes improved a bit under freddie roach but mostly in his dicipline hes putting in the hard work now, i dont rate him to high hes still being carried by his fathers reputation

Could be an interesting documentary on UTV at 11.05 tonight. Based around the Nigel Benn V Gerald McClennan fight from the mid 90’s and its aftermath

Just watched the highlights of Benn McClellan there. Savage stuff. Benn takes two shots to the head while falling through the ropes in the first. How the fuck he gets up I do not know. Saw a short clip from CNN on McClellan too, from 2001. Poor fucker was skint, blind, had no memory at all really, could hardly talk and was almost deaf.

It actually started at 10.35 for those of us residing in the UK. Decent show so far