BREXIT thread

This sort of thing?

Sorry, I forgot your idea of left is gulags and thought control police.

Democrats are not left wing, they are historically center and more recently center left. There are obviously left wing members of the Democratic party, but the policies of the party have always been centrist and that’s unlikely to change unless the DSA take over (which could happen, given how utterly incompetent the current DNC is).

FF are historically center left, nobody sensible would argue with that. Who was it who introduced free education in Ireland and built social housing, two things you apparently care about?

1 Like

Lolzers.

Talk about leaving yourself open to utter ridicule.

Conservatives going on about slavery is hilarious too. Yet another area in which they’re historically ignorant.

More nonsense.

The rich paid no more tax in the 50s and 60s than they do now. There were tax breaks and credits that offset the high marginal tax rates.

You do realize that high earners pay almost all the tax that is paid? For example, someone in California who earns 500K a year, pays a top federal rate of 37%, a state tax of 13.3%, social security and Medicare/Medicaid taxes, local taxes, property taxes. Add it all up, it’s about 60% before you spend anything. That’s higher by the way than the much vaunted welfare states in Europe, Europe on average is 45%.

Having said that I have no problem with Jeff Bezos and the like being soaked, which most Americans would agree with.

1 Like

Eh, slave owners were mostly Democrats.

1 Like

Really? Please link to where I have argued for a gulag and thought control police.

You’ve called for Islam to be banned. Who’s the thought control police, again?

You see your problem is your irrational anger consistently ends up making a fool of you.

One minute you shriek that I’m an ultra-liberal (you wouldn’t be far off there, I definitely am) and the next, you shriek that I’m the exact opposite, because you consistently end up getting your ass kicked in these exchanges.

That just makes you look incredibly stupid.

Again, you contradict yourself, as you do below.

FF have always been conservative, as you admit yourself.

Fianna Fail are “The Republican Party”, remember.

Fianna Fail didn’t introduce free education or build social housing because of any left-wing ideology, because they didn’t have any. They did it to buy votes because they’ve always been pretty much an ideology-free party in economic terms with a strongly conservative social bias.

If you knew anything about Ireland and it’s history, you’d know that. The only chance Ireland ever had of having a national healtth service died with Eamon De Valera bowing to the demands of JC McQuaid.

1 Like

There is no contradiction in anything I have said regarding the Democratic party. They have historically been a fiscally conservative centrist party, and have moved somewhat to the left recently. The influence of the DSA will drag them further left, which will be disastrous for them and the US if they (the DSA) gain more influence and power.

All politicians do at the end of the day is buy votes, ffs.

Did you read what I wrote? I wrote the word “conservative”, mate.

Perhaps the most tedious apologism of the Republican party you and other far right numbnuts consistently engage in is that they abolished slavery. They did, duh.

Of course you consistently fail to mention that in the 100 years following the civil war, the Republicans and Democrats traded places.

That’s why southern Democrats switched en masse to the Republicans in the 1960s following the civil rights act, and why the Republicans have speecifically appealed to racism in their campaigning since then.

It’s why blacks especially, and other minority groups have voted solidly Democrat for the last 55 years.

The Republican party is essentially an exclusively white entity now, and its supporters, like you are full of petrified whites who live in mortal fear of the day when you’re no longer a majority. That’s not a surprise when it adopts the paraphernalia of the confederacy and defends the continued presence of monuments to confederate scumbags, and has a outright racist and fascist president.

In the modern day, the Republican party is the party of slavery, in every way.

The contradiction is utterly hilarious.

At least I had to employ the search function to find it this time, which I suppose is a small crumb of consolation for you.

@anon7035031, could you please link to where I’ve argued for a gulag?

I’d hate to think you were just talking shite because you’re getting angry at me.

[qu

ote=“Sidney, post:115, topic:13854”]
Kill the fucking Jews. :pint:
[/quote]

Do concentration camps count?

You have a very weird preoccupation with race. The vast majority of Americans don’t give a shit about race.

43% of whites (including myself) voted for Obama in 2008 and 40% (including myself) in 2012.

I live in California which is 60% non-white. I could live anywhere I like in the US, if what you claim were accurate why would I live in one of the few states that has a non white majority?

You do realize that Asian Americans are very conservative and historically vote Republican, and that a sizable minority of Hispanics are the same. What about black conservatives and Republicans? Are the all racists as well?

How does that square with your twisted, hate fueled logic?

It takes a special sort of simpleton to consider a badly judged attempt at edgy humour as comparable to genuinely abhorrent (and contemporary) views like this.

You’ve been exposed badly here.

Badly judged? You flatter me!!

You don’t get edgy humor mate.

Sid on this forum has called for the rape of female politicians he doesn’t like, fantasized about having sex with a recently bereaved widow, and admitted to actually stalking an unknowing female across continents to commit unspeakable sexual acts on her.

That was just being “edgy” though, satire really.

2 Likes

The majority of Americans aren’t Republicans.

Republicans tend to be obsessed with race, alright, and especially their imagined place at the top of the social hierarchy, and the data backs thaat up. It’s a mindset very similar to the unionists in the north. In fact, if you want a pertinent comparison between the broad Republican party and any other political entity anywhere, it’s the DUP. Nevertheless, the DUP are currently looking positively bleeding heart compared to what’s happening in the current Republican regime.

What is absolutely true is that ethnic minorities have abandoned the Republican party, including Asians. The Republican party is toxic to blacks now. Hispanics have drifted significantly to the Democrats.

Now, why do you think that is?

https://www.pnas.org/content/115/19/E4330
https://www.prri.org/research/white-working-class-attitudes-economy-trade-immigration-election-donald-trump/

Yet again, a hell of a lot of projection there. A psychiatrist would have a field day with you.

It’s because you can’t debate honestly that you’re so despised and ridiculed here.

Great lad for a link though

1 Like

Go to bed ffs before you have another mental breakdown.

Believe me, I’m not the contributor to this exchange who is at risk of such.