BREXIT thread

Says who? — Remember, I have a man on the inside.

Listening to Radio 5 and the housing minister was just on, fucking gas stuff, the Presenter asked him if they have done any testing on what would happen to house prices in the event of a hard Brexit and he said no there is no need. :slight_smile:

It’s probably in May’s best interest to have the no confidence vote now before the vote on the deal because she’s more likely to win the confierce vote now and even if she loses the deal vote there’s unlikely to be a second leadership challenge too soon.

If she survives this there can’t be another internal party challenge for a year. Still could be a parliamentary one though

1 Like

If she loses here are the choices for the Leader of the Tories and PM, I wonder if any of them would call a GE if they become leader?

So how will this go then?

• she wins the leadership vote. She’s safe for a year
  • she tries to renegotiate. She can’t get anything substantially different
  • she loses the deal vote
  • she still can’t be challenged for 12 months
  • she either picks a hard Brexit or a 2nd referendum
  • she probably goes for a 2nd referendum and Brexit doesn’t happen.

Her problem is, which side dies she campaign for in a 2nd referendum?

1 Like

1/8 now. You should have taken that 4/6.

Jeremy Hunt or Javid will win it.

This lady is not for turning.

1 Like

She might call a 2nd referendum and then resign on the basis that she was unable to deliver an acceptable package.

That way she can exit and gold a bit of face by saying that she did her best and delivered the only possible deal.

Whoever wins it they are still fucked.

1 Like

I read elsewhere that Arelene, Raab and Davis are teaming up to launch a campaign for a better deal.
You have to hand it to the brits, when they do farce, they can do it very, very well.

1 Like

Here we go, Prime Minister Questions just starting. :slight_smile:

Headshot from May

And its only just started. :slight_smile:

Corbyn on the ropes. Rattled beyond belief

ORDER, ORDER. :slight_smile:

RESIGN!