BREXIT thread

Q: How is your mood today?

Varadkar: Pretty good. This is one of the better days in politics

:clap:

4 Likes

Brexit is basically a battle in the war for people who want Mad Max capitalism. The EU, like the UN, is one of few enough entities standing in the way of Mad Max and Ayn Rand copulating so as to birth the brave new world of JR-M, Steve Bannon et al. These people have an (apocalyptic) vision of history, fair enough, but they have no coherent vision of how wealth is passed from one generation to the next one, a consideration that impacts powerfully on the most important political issue of all, social mobility, because social mobility best guarantees (by far) social stability.

3 Likes

The gap between rich and poor is getting bigger under you’re utopian EU project. It’s the ultimate elitist club which throws a few bones to minorities and green type crusties. A sham.

2 Likes

The only thing interesting in that glib predictable dim-witted comment, which engages not a whit with my point, is the inevitable use of ‘utopian’ as a dismissive adjective. There is nothing less utopian than acknowledging rhe mammalian basis of human economic activity.

3 Likes

I’m going to be rich

Your point is fanciful conjecture that has a blinding glare of tin foil emanating from it. At least I know utopia is fiction

Grand. I’d settle on going for a pint

You’ve started Mike?

No , the 26th

Out you go so.

1 Like

Twitter is brilliant tonight. A loyalist meltdown.

Throw up a few there

1 Like

Jamie Tiresome…

Arlene foster’s I’d imagine.

2 Likes

Right or wrong, that’s a lovely line.
:clap:

Your stupidity is beautifully caught by the notion that a glare, in the sense of reflection, could emanate. You confuse – tellingly enough –
subjective and objective modes, transitive and intransitive. Tellingly, because a clear sense of agency’s modes is at the heart of sound economic judgement.

A glare, in the sense of hangdog impotent emotion, can emanate. Now you are glaring.

Is it? See above. Confusion wriggles out.

I’m a big fan of the tinfoil hat metaphor.

Fair enough. But think about the point – the point point, so to speak.

Needless to add, I know yer man is only a glove puppet for acrylic itches.

Aye, the rest of us were wondering about that tight enough