BREXIT thread

America a proper country? Go way and shite. I’d rather join up with Germany than UK or US.

2 Likes

Germany has been decimated twice in the last 100 years and still recovered to be the most powerful country in Europe. Very admirable

2 Likes

DUP telling May they will withdraw support if the backdrop is not removed.

Backstop must be removed if DUP to support May - Foster
http://www.rte.ie/news/2018/1124/1013138-arlene-foster-brexit/

Gas cunts

Another billion will sort it.

We’d love to have you mate.

Commentators eye here.

Brexit has been delivered.

1 Like

Am I completely missing something here? All commentary I’m seeing from the UK over the last 48 hours is basically this is a crap deal (from all sides) and no way it should be accepted (from all sides) and May has to either go back and get a better deal, or resign and let someone else get a better deal (who? Dominic Raab?)

But, they do know that this is the deal, don’t they? This is it. There is no other deal. They do know that despite the “sadness” the EU doesn’t actually care all that much about UK politics and whether the UK crashes out. The EU is more exercised about the Italian budget.
The level of denial (or probably more accurately, stupidity) in the UK is breathtaking.

4 Likes

The level of denial (or probably more accurately, stupidity) in the UK is breathtaking.
[/quote]

It’s a bit like resigning from a job and still expecting to get paid after you’ve finished up.

2 Likes

The problem is they still think it’s the 1800s and Britannia rules the waves … the world has moved on and they still think they have sway… British politics is a complete mess.

1 Like

The analogy I was thinking about this morning is that it’s a divorce where the sad, world weary husband now gets to live in the spare room, gets to hand most of his wages over to the ex and has to babysit the kids when she goes out on the town, while he is prohibited under the settlement from ever having sex with anyone else ever again.

1 Like

Ah lads you are missing something, Don’t you know Trump is going to come in like a white knight and save the Brits by signing this huge trade deal.

It doesn’t surprise me the attitude of the English and it is just the English that have the Britannia attitude, most of the people in England don’t know if Belfast is north or south of the border and still think that they have an empire. The Scots want out of the UK, the Northies are fucked because of the DUP stupidity and this desire to preserve the Union come hell or high water. The Welsh well they are just Englands gimp and will do what they are told.

It’ll escalate to this soon

https://youtu.be/jlIMmuMQozc

2 Likes

Fuck it - i’ll have to go dig out that full episode now.

Of course the EU is more concerned about Italy . The Italian crisis could have a real existential threat to the euro currency although I suspect it will not as the markets will ultimately sort the matter .

That’s pretty funny

what show is it?

The EU would certainly rather the UK doesn’t crasb out.

https://youtu.be/aiF_SMobzMk

All of this weekend is immaterial as the deal won’t get past parliament