British Loins Tour to New Zealand 2017 - Official Thread

The Limerick lads had no bother taking Joe in as right :joy: the CJ Stander of his time

I thought they beat Ireland this year?

1 Like

Fake news mike

Fuck me pink … They only flew Brian O’Drico in to hand the squad their match day jersey last night :joy:

The Brits and their pomp and ceremony :joy: - I wonder was Sir Drico decked out in full military regalia , medals in tow, and sword by his side - 'kneel brave lion — I now anoint you a knight …

Spastics :joy:

1 Like

You must be glued to the coverage kid enjoy :ok_hand:

When you’re explaining, you’re losing.

he can’t get enough of it :rofl:

Going to be some occasion in the Alex tomorrow in Clapham, it will be heaving, I CAN’T WAIT!

2 Likes

Lovely touch from Gatty to get Lions legend Brian O’Driscoll to present the match jerseys ahead of tomorrows first test. If there’s any sporting justice in this world, there will be payback tomorrow for those scumbags Umaga and Mealamu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2gy0sfFOFA

1 Like

The guys will settle the score

1 Like

there’s a British Lion inside every one of us, tomorrow is going to be special

How did the officials miss O’Driscoll’s blatant knock on earlier in the move?

The symbolism of presenting the jersey is huge. Willie John has done the honours on any number of occasions but is not well enough to travel to New Zealand this time. Drico is a worthy successor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6saxYJaIac

1 Like

Would you say you had a little British inside you when you were clapped out on the park bench?

Run along to a thread that interests you, something like your favourite British soccer team - Liverpool F.C.

I’ve no interest in that thread, mate.

It says a lot about Gatland to have asked O’Driscoll to present the jerseys and Brian too for accepting this prestigious honour. Being a Lion is bigger than any individual selection decision and O’Driscoll’s presence should enforce the message that they’re all in it together.

Gatland has risen above and ignored ongoing multiple attempts by many media sources to drum up a feud with O’Driscoll over his decision to leave him out back in 2013.

Brian, meanwhile, instantly put his personal disappointment to one side and was immediately out on the training paddock trying to get the first choice centres match ready. He’s also resisted a series of invitations in the intervening period to “lash out” at Gatland.

O’Driscoll’s reaction to being left out was the epitome of being a proper team-mate. He knew they were a pride of Lions hunting in a pack, not roaming listlessly on their own.

Two big men with great character and even greater hearts who’ve rightfully earned their place as legendary Lions.

2 Likes

The highlight of Drico’s career here

1 Like

Woopsie daisy

1 Like

Theres no “I” in team

No but there’s “me”.