British Politics

Wonder how the likes of Parcel Motel will fare out, seeing as they base their whole business model on shipping from the UK mainly. (I’d say). I suppose it’ll mean they might have to increase their fees…

Tune in next week for this exciting conclusion and for more…“Decisions of generational import and effect by powers which will be discussed at length and to the point of tedium for years to come”

1 Like

I bet Mrs May never considered that all along …

I expect they’ll make a fortune.

A lot of companies not ready at all

https://www.ft.com/content/ec4851c2-39ec-11e9-b856-5404d3811663

Yes it’s not like the number of Jews in Palestine had been rapidly increasing for decades and the concept of Zionism was totally new.

The concept that “Palestine was a land without a people” is both historically completely inaccurate and racist.

It attempts to literally deny the existence of a Palestinian people, and I can’t think of something much more racist than to deny the existence of a people.

Where was that stated? Can you not read?

I was responding to the assertion that the concept of Israel was a post World War II constuct. Evidence shows it was not.

Blabbering over the rights and wrongs of it are neither here nor there to the point raised.

Why is your response to my raising a point that proves the formation of Israel was racist, to ask “can I not read”?

Why the hostile response to the raising of an extremely pertinent point?

Is it because you don’t have an answer?

What does it have to do with what was posted?

i) It has everything to do with it, and
ii) You don’t get to decide what’s discussed here and what’s not discussed.

Please explain the connection of the above to what you’re posting.

Commentary on Palestine being a “land without people” was not there, that is you going on for a separate argument.

Really? There was me thinking Zionism was a totally new concept and hadn’t been around since well before WWII. Theodore Who-zl?
So the creation of the state of Israel was on the cards anyway because Zionists wanted it and they had growing numbers on the land? Even if WWII and the holocaust had never happened?
When do you reckon this would have taken place?

I don’t think you do irony or sarcasm Piles.

You made an a statement implying that it was a Western act.

It wasn’t.

It wasn’t? At all. You reckon the west had zero hand in the creation of the state of Israel post WWII?
I mean I suppose it’s possible. Wasn’t like the old western powers had ever meddled in that region prior to … never mind.
Irony and sarcasm aside Tim, c’maaan man.

Where did I say that?

I implied that it was a western act - you said it wasn’t - this bit, remember

Yes you seem to be implying that.

Yes, I am indeed but the implication is just that, an implication. I’ve no doubt Hertzl and his lads were hell bent on the creation of the state but you seem positive that the west had no hand in it. ‘It wasn’t’ is a definitive statement, after all.
I have grave doubts about that given the ‘form’ of the western powers (as they were) in that region for the decades prior to the war and the guilt over the holocaust/reluctance to let vast swathes of displaced Jewish people arrive into their own gaffs all of a shot in the wake of the war.

I didn’t say that.

Your initial post suggested it was post WWII thing. It wasn’t, that was what I said.

Implying that something conceived by Jews for themselves is anti Semitic is quite bizarre.